Friendly v Jamaica

I’m not sure if this a dream I’ve had but I remember in the 90s city played a friendly against Jamaica at Maine Road? I remember watching it with my dad. I might have been England tho? It was definitely at Maine road. Does any else remember it?
Yeah me & my mate went. It wasn’t the best game to attend we bought tickets for the north stand and ended up in the Kippax. All I remember is there was a fine smell of herbs all over the place and the reggae support was blowing horns vuvuzelas. It was a few days after the stoke game so there was just over 11k at it understandably. 0-0 I think it ended up.

I went to this game....I have very little recollection of it and I have no idea why I bothered.

I lived in Moss Side at the time and it seemed like the majority of the Jamaica ‘fans’ were just locals with no interest in football whatsoever.

We were in the North Stand and were almost like the only football fans in sight. Kept bumping into women off our estate, dressed up like they were off to Carnival, greeting me like an old lost friend. My mate who was a bit of a hooligan and thought it might be a decent fighting opportunity having no segregation, kept looking at me in total confusion. His brain just couldn’t compute with what the fuck was going on.

Weird night but good fun.
Yeah a little pocket of blues on the bend of the North Stand and there were also a few near the back of the Main Stand too.

Surprised from posts above only 11k were there, seemed a lot more than that from memory.

I remember this game. We sat in the kippax and the smell of weed was thick in the air. Crazy and weird game, both teams were utter shite. Didn’t Fitzroy Simpson play a half both teams or have I made that up?

Beenie Man (Jamaican DJ) came on the pitch at half time. Not sure if he performed but this sticks in my memory as I was coming back down the steps from going for a slash and I was nearly flattened by a rather buxom and barely clothed young lady who was charging past me shouting his name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.