Friendly v Jamaica

Strange how the mind plays tricks always picture rastas stood on the old Kippax puffing away on the ganga, yet realise the new stand had been up couple of years. Similarly always think the pitch invasion against Birmingham, last game of 2000 season started from old Kippax. MR never the same after Kippax demolished.

I was there in the North Stand. Went along out of curiosity and in the mistaken hope that Georgi Kinkladze would make a farewell appearance. I do remember someone having a ghetto blaster with them. Nicky Weaver had a brilliant game. Gary James later told me it didn't count as his first team debut.
Yes, there were several ghettoblasters on the go at once, with people singing along to music & the sounds clashing. It was a totally unique & unforgettable spectacle of colour, food, rum & Ganja! Lol :-)

eg106.jpg

I remember this game. We sat in the kippax and the smell of weed was thick in the air. Crazy and weird game, both teams were utter shite. Didn’t Fitzroy Simpson play a half both teams or have I made that up?

Beenie Man (Jamaican DJ) came on the pitch at half time. Not sure if he performed but this sticks in my memory as I was coming back down the steps from going for a slash and I was nearly flattened by a rather buxom and barely clothed young lady who was charging past me shouting his name.
I can't quite remember (secondary Ganja smoke), but I do recall the football fans there wondering if he'd turn out for City or Jamaica, & if memory serves me right, he captained his country.

I went to this borefest. The only thing I can remember is that on the way out I was giggling a lot and calling everybody man.

I remember that match very well, we played an International team because of Fitzroy Simpson.

I took my two lads and were surrounded by a group of about 20 Rasta’s who were brilliant with them. They had both been to plenty of matches before but my youngest who was around 7 at the time said it was the best match he’d ever been to. Probably the weed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.