Fulham at home our recent record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Fulham Pre Game Discussion thread

Savic worries me so much. Lescott really needs to step up today and look after him instead of doing what he did the last games and leave him isolated at the back. I'd have played De Jong as well to give him some extra protection. Shocking a team going for the title doesn't have a reliable back up centre half.

doomuk said:
Damocles said:
If any of you are unhappy with it, please feel free to take it to PM and discuss it.

Why? Can't we have a discussion on a forum? Isnt that what it's for?

Lol! Just saying ;)

No, it completely derails threads and there's nothing constructive that I can add apart from "PM Ric". He doesn't always come in matchday threads but knows of their reputation from other mods and posters. He did against Everton and once he found out the reality we all had a chat about it and he thought that it had probably gone too far with the leeway allowed in there. Due to this, he created a sticky in the matchday forum warning that we'll be handing out warnings and bans more often for some of the real bitching and insulting that happens in it.

As somebody who has been in matchday threads, I know that all it takes is for one person to start getting really aggressive with their view, especially if it's one seen as negative, and the whole thread kicks off. I want to watch the game and I fucking hate handing out bans and warnings. I'm attempting to stop the landslide before it even starts by telling people to control their posting a little in what is an emotional situation and remember that you are on a forum full of people who love the club. Some of these people react very badly to negativity. Some of them react very badly to ridiculous cloud cuckoo positivity. I'm hoping that we can find a middle ground today so that we can all continue to be here.

This doesn't mean a sterile thread, it just means that I'm trying to contain it a little bit today. We are still trying to find that limit of acceptability so today will be difficult. Our job is made a billion times easier when the community sets it's own ideas of acceptable and unacceptable but it just doesn't happen in these threads.

The reason I wanted it to go to PM, is that I didn't want a discussion about this as it takes over threads, but I can't even try to nip something in the bud without accusations of megalomania, power trips and everything else. As the game is only a short time away and this will be locked in a minute (and I don't presume it will carry over into the new thread) I shouldn't really have been that bothered about giving explanations but I presumed that the big sticky, the knowledge of what matchday threads were like and my first post might have pointed it out without my having to write this.

Jumanji said:
With fullbacks bombing forward, I reckon it will be quite similar to a 3-5-2:

---------------------Hart-------------------------
----------- Lescott ------ Savic ----------------
---------------------Barry -----------------------
Richards --- AJ --- Nasri --- Silva --- Kolarov
-------------------- Aguero ----------------------
-------------------- Dzeko -----------------------

Risky tactics at first glance imo, but overwhelming them in the midfield could really pay off, especially if they park the bus.

Yeah i think that could be the case, its going to be were going to score more than you
Going to be an exciting game

kismet said:
This is a must win game and to leave out Clichy, Milner and Zabaletta is worrying. These three have never let us down.....

this. i would have also started de jong for barry who is out of form.

savic, kolarov and dzeko would have got no where near the starting line up if it was down to me. the same can be said for adam johnson but to a lesser extent

Damocles said:
doomuk said:
Damocles said:
If any of you are unhappy with it, please feel free to take it to PM and discuss it.

Why? Can't we have a discussion on a forum? Isnt that what it's for?

Lol! Just saying ;)

No, it completely derails threads and there's nothing constructive that I can add apart from "PM Ric". He doesn't always come in matchday threads but knows of their reputation from other mods and posters. He did against Everton and once he found out the reality we all had a chat about it and he thought that it had probably gone too far with the leeway allowed in there. Due to this, he created a sticky in the matchday forum warning that we'll be handing out warnings and bans more often for some of the real bitching and insulting that happens in it.

As somebody who has been in matchday threads, I know that all it takes is for one person to start getting really aggressive with their view, especially if it's one seen as negative, and the whole thread kicks off. I want to watch the game and I fucking hate handing out bans and warnings. I'm attempting to stop the landslide before it even starts by telling people to control their posting a little in what is an emotional situation and remember that you are on a forum full of people who love the club. Some of these people react very badly to negativity. Some of them react very badly to ridiculous cloud cuckoo positivity. I'm hoping that we can find a middle ground today so that we can all continue to be here.

This doesn't mean a sterile thread, it just means that I'm trying to contain it a little bit today. We are still trying to find that limit of acceptability so today will be difficult. Our job is made a billion times easier when the community sets it's own ideas of acceptable and unacceptable but it just doesn't happen in these threads.

The reason I wanted it to go to PM, is that I didn't want a discussion about this as it takes over threads, but I can't even try to nip something in the bud without accusations of megalomania, power trips and everything else. As the game is only a short time away and this will be locked in a minute (and I don't presume it will carry over into the new thread) I shouldn't really have been that bothered about giving explanations but I presumed that the big sticky, the knowledge of what matchday threads were like and my first post might have pointed it out without my having to write this.

i doubt it carry over, everyone too busy biting fingers nails after seeing savic on team sheet,lololol

mansour's tow ropes said:
kismet said:
This is a must win game and to leave out Clichy, Milner and Zabaletta is worrying. These three have never let us down.....

savic, kolarov and dzeko would have got no where near the starting line up if it was down to me. the same can be said for adam johnson but to a lesser extent

Barry out of form? De Jong in form?
Is this some crazy alcohol induced world i have walked in to

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
kismet said:

Barry out of form? De Jong in form?
Is this some crazy alcohol induced world i have walked in to

yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.