Fulham (H) - FA Cup 4th Round - Sat 5th Feb, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he’s not a rag as far as I know but the cheek of the fucker telling everybody they can’t be anywhere other than Manchester and he fucking lives in north London, found it in one of his previous posts
Didn't think he was a rag really but London & rags are joined at the hip.

He did qualify his statement by referencing a connection to the area. And then you' go on to knock down an argument that he doesn't make about Pep.

I remember going back to before the takeover, and City were always very much the club which local Mancs supported whilst Man Utd had some locals, but a much higher number of non Mancunian supporters, and that was proven by season ticket holder surveys. Manchester Metropolitan University did a survey on this and found that of the two clubs season ticket holders, Manchester City had a much higher proportion who came from Manchester.

Everyone is welcome at City but imo the local support is much more likely to be CTID than distant supporters who might just be picking City because they are glory hunters.

I agree totally & our success has definitely attracted younger local Manchester people (as well as the fans from elsewhere)

my point is that all fans are welcome - & it’s wrong to say that football is for the working class. What a patronising thing to say!! I know many working class folk who love tennis rugby & golf - & many “non-working class” folk who love footie (& City)….how very dare they :). :)

I agree totally & our success has definitely attracted younger local Manchester people (as well as the fans from elsewhere)

my point is that all fans are welcome - & it’s wrong to say that football is for the working class. What a patronising thing to say!! I know many working class folk who love tennis rugby & golf - & many “non-working class” folk who love footie (& City)….how very dare they :). :)
All people are capable of life-long loyalty but City are one of very few clubs in England where this has been truly tested on a mass scale over decades. I'll never forget the first game of 1998-1999 season when 32,000 turned up to watch manchester City v Blackpool in the old Division 3 about 25 years after we had last won a trophy. We would have to wait another decade before won a league title and yet through that 35 years City fans stayed intensely loyal. Individual football supporters sometimes stick with their football club for life, but many don't. They stop going, and only come back if the good times return. City fans didn't do that. The worse it got, the more determined we became to stick it out.

God Bless Kun Aguero and all those blues who stood loyal and never quite made it to see that day.

We should be focussing solely on local fans - this weird clamour by other clubs searching and gloating about a 'global fan base'. Not for me, ok you get more shirt sales and TV subs but football is meant to be watched by local fans with a connection to the area. I don't want to be 'stealing' fans from Plymouth Argyle for example let alone someone who should be supporting their local Indian Premier team for e.g. We used to moan about these tourist clubs - let's not push for this. Let's remind others as well that football is for local people, SUPPORT YOUR OWN!
What a load of rubbish we have thousands of long distance fans making big sacrifices to follow City.

Last edited:
What a load of rubbish we have thousands of long distances fans making big sacrifices to follow City.
Where is the criticism of long distance fans? It's not even implied.

I think he has a point to be honest. Come the midweek games when out of town season ticket holders can't get to the game because travel in the UK stops in the evening outside London we'll have problems selling the game out. You wait and see what happens with the 5h Round of the FA Cup should we get through and draw a side at home.

City can't build our fanbase at the moment because we've been limited by capacity. the only games new fans can come to are Cups and they are not your bread and butter. The result is that in City's boom years, we're not adding as many local match going fans, rather armchair supporters.

All people are capable of life-long loyalty but City are one of very few clubs in England where this has been truly tested on a mass scale over decades. I'll never forget the first game of 1998-1999 season when 32,000 turned up to watch manchester City v Blackpool in the old Division 3 about 25 years after we had last won a trophy. We would have to wait another decade before won a league title and yet through that 35 years City fans stayed intensely loyal. Individual football supporters sometimes stick with their football club for life, but many don't. They stop going, and only come back if the good times return. City fans didn't do that. The worse it got, the more determined we became to stick it out.

God Bless Kun Aguero and all those blues who stood loyal and never quite made it to see that day.
That Blackpool match was something else. Great atmosphere despite the fact we had just been relegated. If I remember, it was a really sunny day & it was a fantastic demonstration of our loyalty.
I think that attitude is still with us despite the fact our success has attracted a more global audience- the blue family will always be there

That Blackpool match was something else. Great atmosphere despite the fact we had just been relegated. If I remember, it was a really sunny day & it was a fantastic demonstration of our loyalty.
I think that attitude is still with us despite the fact our success has attracted a more global audience- the blue family will always be there
IIRC it was BadBuy's debut and he looked a half decent player. That soon changed, of course.

Reactions: CC1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.