Fulham (H) - FA Cup 4th Round - Sat 5th Feb, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That will be £15,000 please Fulham. 1000 seats unsold in the Fulham end. Not sure if it works by sale or return?

Apologies Whites for the poor attempt at a wind-up. Getting bored without any football. You played at the weekend, we didn't.

Prepare I think for a very strong City side at the weekend. A lot of clubs tend to rotate players in the FA Cup. City might make 2-3 changes but expect to face a very strong side.

Last edited:
IIRC it was BadBuy's debut and he looked a half decent player. That soon changed, of course.
I thought Lee Bradbury debut was when we were still in the Championship. I thought the Blackpool game was our first game in the old Div 2. I definitely remember playing Blackpool on the first day. As said above a 3-2 win in the Sun and it felt good as City were still alive. After touching new lows for the club it wasn't clear whether the fans would stay loyal or not. Gio I think had gone that Summer.

Sold out!

Just shows what kind of fanbase we are… if City priced it right, we’d sell out a 65,000 stadium every week just from local fans.

It’s a shame they don’t seem to care about that.

yep cheap tickets, good kick off time and we sell out easily. As you say it’s mainly locals/ greater Manchester folk as well, which is the core of the club

Last edited:
All people are capable of life-long loyalty but City are one of very few clubs in England where this has been truly tested on a mass scale over decades. I'll never forget the first game of 1998-1999 season when 32,000 turned up to watch manchester City v Blackpool in the old Division 3 about 25 years after we had last won a trophy. We would have to wait another decade before won a league title and yet through that 35 years City fans stayed intensely loyal. Individual football supporters sometimes stick with their football club for life, but many don't. They stop going, and only come back if the good times return. City fans didn't do that. The worse it got, the more determined we became to stick it out.

God Bless Kun Aguero and all those blues who stood loyal and never quite made it to see that day.

I get what your saying about the bad times, but have we really had it that bad recently?
I’m 27 now and other then the odd season we’ve consistently been in the prem for years. Even in the lower leagues we were consistently getting promoted. We had one bad season under Pearce, but we were still in the league

the last decade alone has been ridiculous trophy wise. Obviously age is a huge factor.

PNE supporter here in peace. I'm gonna break the habit of a lifetime of misery & under achievement supporting PNE & I've got tickets for myself and my daughter to watch your game v Fulham this Saturday. It will be my first visit to the Etihad. I did visit Maine Road with PNE waaaaaayyyy back in the day when football was really good.

The question I have is around match day parking? Hopefully I'm looking for some that is around 10 minute walk from the ground. My daughter is playing in a game at Stockport County before & I only expect to arrive at the Etihad around 2.30 pm. Do I need to pre-book? Is there any free on street parking nearby? Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to the game & seeing some top class players. The nearest I have seen at Deepdale recently is the Bristol City Midfielder Massengo (remember the name) an absolute beast & a proper baller. He will go all the way to the top. Any lads at yours that are coming through & worth looking at for a loan at PNE?

Anyhow

Thanks again & look forward to some advice
Cheers

I get what your saying about the bad times, but have we really had it that bad recently?
I’m 27 now and other then the odd season we’ve consistently been in the prem for years. Even in the lower leagues we were consistently getting promoted. We had one bad season under Pearce, but we were still in the league

the last decade alone has been ridiculous trophy wise. Obviously age is a huge factor.
Well I am older than you, and remember the 1980s and 1990s vividly. I wish I was younger. When I look at our fanbase many seem to me to be 'old timers'. After 1999 when we were on our way back under Royle and Keegan, then that wasn't so bad but before that it was bleak. McNeil, Frizell, Perhaps a brief pick up when Horton came in and we had beagrie, Rosler and Walsh as a front 3. I started supporting City in the mid 1970s so I just about remember the last good times before this. The side I grew up with was barnes, hartford, Owen Tueart, Royle, Doyle. Then it went downhil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.