Fulham (H) - FA Cup Round 4 Post-Match Thread

40,000 is a great crowd for a Sunday 1pm kick off, in poor weather, for a game that was on TV, against a side from a lower division who could only muster 1,000 of support themselves. Besides, didn't we already play them in the Carabao cup a few months back anyway?, can't quite remember so well these days. Not exactly the biggest draw in the world are they, Fulham?
It's just after Xmas as well, folks are still a bit short of cash plus there is the matter of the SF 2nd leg at home in a few days which has to be paid for as well.
Decent overall performance, took it nice and easy after we went 2 up and saved some energy.
Raz came on and was...err....Raz of the last few months.
Good performance from Cancelo
Next round give us Liverpool at home please.

I think the problem is he wants the fans to be as intense as him for every single game and due to a lot of factors that is not going to be the case
Bobby just tuned in and let us get carried along with him,the manager that cracked the back of the rags is always going to have a special place in our hearts

Mancini didn’t give a damn about the fans. Hated being asked for a photo

I think the problem is he wants the fans to be as intense as him for every single game and due to a lot of factors that is not going to be the case
Bobby just tuned in and let us get carried along with him,the manager that cracked the back of the rags is always going to have a special place in our hearts
Perhaps that first bit is true, but I am not sure I would want a manager that did not want that, to be fair, even if we fans couldn’t reasonably produce the desired intensity all the time (and I am definitely guilty of that, both during our **** days and during some of our best recent performances).

The second bit about Mancini goes without saying, though, I am not sure he cared about the fans quite as much as some think. ;-)

Reactions: CC1
Well I, for one, am also a part-Spaniard living in a million pound flat in the middle of a city coaching a great Manchester City side*, with a beautiful missus, and a keen sense of style...

So he’s not on a different planet to me. ;-)

*on FM

I have to ask the question........where did it all start to go wrong?

My 5 main thoughts about the game:

1) Mahrez is Magic, he might be MotM (who really cares), his dribbling has always been amazing, but this season we have been seeing improvement in his decision making.

2) Cancelo was almost perfect (the other maybe MotM), coming inside to control, making driving runs in the half space, or just staying wide and crossing.

3) I think Angelino kind of went under the radar, they were down to 10 men, but his crossing/passing was fantastic, I can't even count how many times he crossed it into the box and it went to another city player. When his defensive tasks are lessened (like today with Cancelo defending more), he is a real threat out wide.

4) Things were not coming off for Foden, his decision making and shooting were just off. Understandably as he barely plays, just a shame.

5) Hard to take anything out of these 10 man games, but Eric was just soo solid. It's weird that the best compliment you can give a defender is that he is consistent and reliable, but Eric just is.

This is utter rubbish. Mancini fought with everyone & I can’t remember anything he did with or for the fans. Pep had always connected with the fans & knows how they feel when he sums up a match. He DOES , however get pissed off with journalists.

whilst I know some City fans have problems or can’t afford to go to watch anymore, I have to agree with Pep & ask why most of those posting on the match day thread weren’t at the game. It was cheap tickets today.

Also - I do wonder if all those with negative posts on here about Pep actually go to support our team. They certainly might have an idea of how much Pep cares - if they could see him all match.
Spot on CC1,well said.

Reactions: CC1
Mancini didn’t give a damn about the fans. Hated being asked for a photo

This is utter rubbish. Mancini fought with everyone & I can’t remember anything he did with or for the fans. Pep had always connected with the fans & knows how they feel when he sums up a match. He DOES , however get pissed off with journalists.

whilst I know some City fans have problems or can’t afford to go to watch anymore, I have to agree with Pep & ask why most of those posting on the match day thread weren’t at the game. It was cheap tickets today.

Also - I do wonder if all those with negative posts on here about Pep actually go to support our team. They certainly might have an idea of how much Pep cares - if they could see him all match.

641a6e26a1fae1e710a68042816bb42c.jpg

Perhaps that first bit is true, but I am not sure I would want a manager that did not want that, to be fair, even if we fans couldn’t reasonably produce the desired intensity all the time (and I am definitely guilty of that, both during our **** days and during some of our best recent performances).

The second bit about Mancini goes without saying, though, I am not sure he cared about the fans quite as much as some think. ;-)
I think the advert and his response says it all,when we won he would say that is for the fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.