Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Well apparently running towards the ball isnt intefering with play and i also disagree with the fact that it changed the course of the game 2, it was just be4 half time, they could have come out fired up, annoyed by the injustice of it, jesus if we went to pieces every time a dodgy decision was given against us, we'd have been relegated
They admitted that was a monumental error in the end and its not a similar situation to today. I don't care about other instances or some sense of things evening themselves out, you judge things in isolation. Akanji has interfered with play however you look at it and it's a huge cock up from the officials. There's really no point in denying that.

Going in at halftime 2-1 down instead of 1-1 away at the etihad is a game changer. If it's the 5th goal in injury time it's inconsequential but that was a major turning point in the game.

How did it impact the Keeper? Akanji wasn't in his line of sight of the Ake header. Did Akanji's action prevent the keeper from making a save?

Yes it did. If akanji isn't there the keeper knows exactly where the ball is heading, whether he then saves it, we can't know but akanji being there means the keeper cannot react until the ball is past akanji I really don't see how anybody can genuinely argue that shouldn't have been disallowed

Proper statement win that. Off the back of fulham getting a draw at the Emirates with 10 we smash them whilst playing poorly. Arsenal are feeble minded and that's going to get into their head big time. They can't afford to drop points at home to the rags tomorrow already.

So many sloppy performances today right across the pitch, I'm presuming and hoping it's just them getting up to full tilt slowly after a shorter pre-season and nothing to be concerned with. 3 points is what's important and we got it with ease in the end.

Yet to see it back but we definitely got some major help today from var. When ake scored I barely celebrated, me and 2 people next to me all turned to one another from right behind net and said that's clearly offside simultaneously. Akanji has jumped over the ball right infront of the keeper Its helped us massively but how is that not interfering? It's a truly dreadful decision thats completely changed the game and i don't blame fulham players for losing their shit after that. Bafflingly shite decision.
Agree about the goal. Awful refereeing but then again Oliver was woeful all game.

We got to be pleased with the results so far. It’s clear the team are missing Pep and we’ve had a few injuries. The lads are doing just fine. Long way to go.

Depends what the rule says. I've seen players closer to the goal in a similar position and the goal stood. If people don't like the rule - change it. Until then..
If Manual touches it or even goes towards it - it's offside. He did neither. Just my opinion of course.

Agree about the goal. Awful refereeing but then again Oliver was woeful all game.

We got to be pleased with the results so far. It’s clear the team are missing Pep and we’ve had a few injuries. The lads are doing just fine. Long way to go.
Oliver is terrible.. Broke the flow of the game continually 1st half

If I‘m being brutally honest the score line flatters us. We were awful in the first half and whilst we were better in the second it was hardly vintage City.

We were very sloppy with possession, giving the ball away cheaply and often and, strangely, Rodri was one of biggest culprits.

I really don’t like Akanji in midfield and we were so much better second half when we moved him back into the back four and Foden in to the middle.

Kudos to the crowd for great reception they have Phillips. That was a great little cameo by Bobb. I’ve never seem him play before but it’s clear the boy has sonething special.

4 games, 12 points and still haven’t got out of third gear. Happy days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.