Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Agree about the goal. Awful refereeing but then again Oliver was woeful all game.

We got to be pleased with the results so far. It’s clear the team are missing Pep and we’ve had a few injuries. The lads are doing just fine. Long way to go.
The officials are actually getting worse which I didn’t think was humanly possible. No complaints from me if our second goal had been disallowed.

When we got our penalty where was the red card or any card?

First player booked was one of ours, what a suprise.

Well done Pep (or Lilo) for instructing the players to be more patient with our build-up in the second half, we slowed things down and made the ball do the work, completely nullifying Fulham's plan for a basketball game.

Great tweak to drop Kova back deeper.
Haaland looked so much better and will get the plaudits but Dias was excellent.
Kova is better there. More like Alan Oakes.

OlliVAR managed all on his own to spoil first half
amazed he gave goal at end of first half
fulham when played football looked ok
city just teased them out of game in second half

How did it impact the Keeper? Akanji wasn't in his line of sight of the Ake header. Did Akanji's action prevent the keeper from making a save?
Akanji wasn't in the goalkeepers line of sight but he attempted to go for the ball which is interfering with play.
I would have been well annoyed if that went against us.

We were shit till Foden moved into the middle. Bish bash bosh - game over.
For the life of me I don't get the VAR controvacy.
By the rules he isn't offside (though in my book he should be).
The ref was terrible throughout. Every 50/50 decicision - a foul against City. Bad fouls by Fulham players - just fouls. Etc

Weren't at our best. Haaland hattrick was good. Really enjoyed the cameos at the end. Bobb and Gomez with dribbling and ball skills. Misplaced passing all through the first half. Probably only Phil at their best. Doku was OK, good bit of fast foot creation at one point, need some more of that from him. SS3 sounded good. It was sunny, had a nice jerk chicken lunch and Kojo Antwi was really good. Top of the league. Happy days.

We were shit till Foden moved into the middle. Bish bash bosh - game over.
For the life of me I don't get the VAR controvacy.
By the rules he isn't offside (though in my book he should be).
The ref was terrible throughout.
Wasn’t just foden into middle- it was reverting to what we did against Newcastle and sheff united where akanji doesn’t go into the midfield and instead walker goes high on the right- which allows foden into midfield and kovacic drops back next to Rodri, where he can dictate play a lot more and give Rodri more options on the ball

Decent second half once Foden moved inside and Walker played higher up.

VAR decision in our favour, whatever mental gymnastics people want to suggest that it wasn’t.

Alvarez and Doku very poor in the first half. Slightly better in the second.

Haaland back to his clinical self.

Awesome assist from Gomez. Showed he’s a winger really.

4 from 4. We move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.