Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We got the three points, which is the main thing. Not sure what is going on with the defence at the moment, we seem like we are easier to get at this season. I have to give Fulham some credit, they looked dangerous when they were breaking. We could have lost the game if it wasn't for Ederson making some crucial saves.

I find our attacking play a bit boring to watch at the moment, but we were still treated to some great goals. Overall, to be unbeaten in the PL still, with quite a few key players out, and managing to win games like yesterday, shows we are in a good place. I have no doubt the team will click properly in the near future.

Last edited:
There is an evolution of some teams now! Its all because of Pep, some top managers are thinking more what team they need to beat a possession controlling team, Arteta have come up with being a park bus working on set pieces mainly this season. Few of the midtable to bottom teams like Fulham it's mainly about speed in the wing up front for transition but teams now have more than that they have possession them selves can keep the ball are brave to put plenty in opposition boxes and that's how Fulham's first goal came, also they have very good technical players!

Think pep now needs to tweak how we play and I thought he did at the start of the season with the two wingers, seems Rodri injury has made him go full control, be interesting how pep figures out how to play without Rodri this season now..

Continuing to defend like we are doing is going to cost us big time. Fulham found it far to easy to get through and frankly I thought they should have at least got a point.
Thats the thing with football you dont get what you SHOULD get, you get what you get, we should have got 3 against arsenal and newcastle, palace should have got a penalty against the dippers yesterday, the tarquins should have got a draw against leicester and the rags shouldnt have beaten fulham, you get what you get. The narrative is just different when it comes to us.

Just watched the highlights and Fulham played quite well. We weren't on top form and a few players were largely ineffective. A couple of nice strikes from us got the goals when needed but I'm glad Traore didn't have his finishing boots on. That second goal of theirs was diabolical from us defensively and we're going to have to tighten up at the back. Hope Kev's back soon.

Could have been 2-0 inside 15 minutes with a couple of chances dragged slightly wide and while we didn’t play ‘well’ we more than deserved 3 points, yes they had chances but so did we.

Problem is we’re wide open again on the counter, however anyone thinking we’re out of it obviously hasn’t seen us got the past 8 years or so.

We don’t clink until Xmas.
We seem to be getting countered almost every time we have a corner.....

Have Liverpool actually played anyone of note yet ?

Next week against Chelsea should be interested

Not really: Ipswich away, Brentford (at Anfield), rags away (i.e. nobody of note, however much the media get themselves into a frenzy), then — all at Anfield — Forest (that was the shocker), Bournemouth (weird team that, can't work out wether they're good or bad), West Ham. Then Wolves and Palace away.
And as I say, there are cracks there. We've played a number of tricky games, and come through them pretty well.
Arsenal against Liverpool at the end of the month is a cruncher.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.