Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match

Yeah when I was a lad they were all like that - see old pics of the Baseball Ground and the City Ground - after 3 games into the season they were a swamp covered in sand looking like a beach - mind you Cloughie managed both teams in this era and managed to get a tune out of them

The Baseball Ground
View attachment 60135

The City Ground - older fans like me remember this game when Big Joe got them to measure out and repaint the penalty spot on the sand

View attachment 60136
That paint the penalty spot incident was actually at The Baseball Ground in April 1977 when City were going very strong to win the First Division title.
Unfortunately we got beat 4-1 (I think) and it put a big dent in our title winning chances.
And I know because I was there.

I’m absolutely convinced there was a point in that match when Bernardo was so angry with the Ref he would have twatted him and accepted the red had we not already been down to 10.
The HT whistle came at a good time to be fair. Bernie was going nuts. Even in the second half the ref gave Fulham a free kick and Bernardo gave him a sarcastic "well done" tap on the back.

I’m absolutely convinced there was a point in that match when Bernardo was so angry with the Ref he would have twatted him and accepted the red had we not already been down to 10.
bernardo ran his portugese bollox off as usual,along with a certain belgian.
fkin buzzin after that today,the team going round the ground was great to see too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.