Fulham (H) - Sat 2nd Sept, 15:00 l PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri doesn't have the pace to operate as wide CB and it is also a waste not having him in his natural position.
Rodri is not wide in that set up.

He is central and pushes up centrally.

Walker is wide CB.

Id kind of like Pep to just play Rodri as a CB into midfield role and not have Walker wide on the right.

Walkers been fine, but now I wanna see Doku!

This would be mt wishful setup:

Ederson

Walker
Rodri (starts and defends here)
Dias
Gvardiol

Kovacic
Rodri (ends up here in possession)

Doku
Bernie
Foden
Grealish

Haaland
Not a chance in my opinion. We have 5 world class centre backs (4 until John is fit) so why take the worlds best player from his natural position? Especially when he is getting forward more and getting goals and assists? Leave him where he is, and as he has said himself the addition of Kovacic is allowing him to get forward more, which he seems to be relishing

Can we take a chance and rest Rodri for this game? We have to manage his game time this season; you can't expect him to play 50 games in a season. He's arguably our key player with KDB missing,though Haaland fans might argue that!

Can we take a chance and rest Rodri for this game? We have to manage his game time this season; you can't expect him to play 50 games in a season. He's arguably our key player with KDB missing,though Haaland fans might argue that!

I don't know if we can give him full games off, but we should treat him like Haaland last year. As soon as we're 2 or 3 goals up, off he comes for a 10, 20, 30 minute rest.

Doku should start for me but I know this is unlikely

How can you say he should start? You've never seen him play in a City shirt, you don't know how ready he is or isn't. There's a lot of tactical information to learn, a lot of relationships to build up with the players around him. Has he even met the manager yet?

How can you say he should start? You've never seen him play in a City shirt, you don't know how ready he is or isn't. There's a lot of tactical information to learn, a lot of relationships to build up with the players around him. Has he even met the manager yet?
Ok let's nobody discuss who they think should start, Let's all cancel this thread each week.

Ok let's nobody discuss who they think should start, Let's all cancel this thread each week.

Well there's a difference between saying "I'd like player X to start for reasons Y and Z" and just declaring the new kid should be starting immediately and not explaining why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.