Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

we need to learn to dominate the games from from start to finish, in all the games we played we tend to take our foot of the gas an lose momentum around the 50th-70th minute it almost cost us against bolton and it cost us against napoli and now at fulham. when de jong is back it should put an end to all this free space opposition players seem to be getting in second half of games,must say first half performance was one best I've seen from any side away from home just need to be more ruthless in front of goal an in the second half of games.

Re: Fulham v CityPost Match Discussion Thread

Jumanji said:
Comrade Buka said:
Jumanji said:
Hindsight is 20/20. Please list these 'poor decisions' for me.

Silva off, instead of Nasri, that tickle your fancy?
Who says keeping Silva would have won us the fucking match. That's just hopeful wishing. We don't know. The way they were parking the bus, I doubt even he would have found that incisive final ball.

We were 2-1 up when he got subbed. That little fact might have went over your head...

And if you are serious about taking off Silva instead of Nasri, I am out of words.

Dzeko was a possession-destroying turnover machine in the 2nd half and Mancini wouldn't take him off and lose the height on set pieces. Struggle ensued.

A draw away to a team who can be tricky is not the end of the world.

Still, the first time Mancini has reverted to last terms tactics - Silva for Zab - and we pay for it.

Hopefully this will show him that our new, more attacking style is the way to go in the future.

For me it's not a meltdown situation or a clammer to sack bob, more disappointment, two nil up and not to win is criminal. Last time it happens or I am gonna get really mad. Do you follow.

intheknow! said:
MANCINI OUT

Hiddink in

Why? your a rags fan don't need your opinion thank you very much! Oh don't say your not! I've seen Enough of your posts to know your not a city supporter

Re: Fulham v CityPost Match Discussion Thread

Jumanji said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
1. Keeping Dzeko on
2. Zab for Silva
3. Keeping Nasri on
4. Taking Kun off
1. Understandable decision. Dzeko was our only forward making and trying to make incisive passes. He'd get a good ball to Yaya, but Yaya took too much time to think. Not to mention, with the game in the waning minutes, it could be won by a set piece, corner, etc and Dzeko's height would have been useful, as we would have had 2 different kinds of strikers on the pitch.

2. Zab for Silva worked, not 'incredibly' but it did. Zab's sub isn't the reason why we started losing concentration even BEFORE the substitution. We were getting overrun and looking sloppy.

3. Nasri's maybe our best crosser. Quiet game. Expected him to step up and take the reigns of the horse, He didn't. I'm not sure why he kept Nasri but I think crossing, corners may be a reason. not sure though.

4. I agree, but Tevez was fresher and we could have used his directness and work rate had he actually busted his arse for 15 min.

All spot on

I give up with some you. Collapse, suicidal waghhh waghhh waghh We had a bad game we get it, I'm sure we will have a few other bad games as well in the future if you can't accept that our players are Human and can't be perfect all the fucking time and that Mancini may make mistakes then football may not be the sport for you. Just a thought.

Well you could see it coming in the second half. We stopped playing because we thought it was job done.Fulham came forward and overran us in midfield. Toure & Barry looked as slow as they did when Napoli pushed up. We desperately need De Jong back.
Whilst must have had about 80% possession in the 1st half we only one goal to show for those pretty patterns.
We need to play a high tempo game like the rags. We did that at spurs and looked how good we were. Today we looked like we fancied a practice game. Bobby needs to kick arse and get some of our lazy players to step it up. Dzecko had a stinker but never got one crossball in to him where he's useful-in the bleeding box.....We are starting to look like Arsenal get a f...g grip Bobby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.