Full backs / Wing Backs

The fact that we have not seriously addressed the LB slot is neglectful. Gomez is not the answer. Mendy was a mis-calculation that yielded nothing. Ake and Cancelo have been playing at it. Some clubs are flooded with LBs but we just cannot get this right. That is why we now are not on form, the balance within the team is all wrong. FFS we are minted, an average LB would give us 10% extra??
Yes why not Gayá? Ticks all boxes and in his prime

The fact that we have not seriously addressed the LB slot is neglectful. Gomez is not the answer. Mendy was a mis-calculation that yielded nothing. Ake and Cancelo have been playing at it. Some clubs are flooded with LBs but we just cannot get this right. That is why we now are not on form, the balance within the team is all wrong. FFS we are minted, an average LB would give us 10% extra??
It's not just that we haven't addressed the position but it's also the fact we let Zincehnko go to Arsenal without replacing him. He brought balance and leadership to the team so it has left a hole which Gomes hasn't filled. Along with midfield, it's a priority position this summer as we wont sign anyone in January.

I am not suggesting Cancelo is perfect full back and he isn't blameless for our defeats; there is room for another one but it it is still tough position to fill as none of us really know what Pep wants from his full backs.

I am not suggesting Cancelo is perfect full back and he isn't blameless for our defeats; there is room for another one but it it is still tough position to fill as none of us really know what Pep wants from his full backs.
So true. I think almost everybody rated Zinchenko highly, but for some reason Pep just didn't favor him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.