Full backs / Wing Backs

Our left back situation is so bad that the left back Mendy we have been linked with is having a shocker for Real Madrid vs Barcelona but he'd still improve us considerably massive upgrade on Gomez.

So true. I think almost everybody rated Zinchenko highly, but for some reason Pep just didn't favor him.
In 90% of cases Zinchenko was a perfect LB for us. HOWEVER, the 10% of matches where he was found out, always came in crucial high end matches where his lack of pace & the fact he's not actually a defender were cruelly exposed.

Think the CL semi vs Real where they switched attack in the final 15 minutes & targeted Zin after he replaced Walker & Cancelo moved from LB to RB is a case in point. This was Zin's glass ceiling.

At the very highest level it's small incremental details & a touch of luck which make the difference. However I believe we make our own luck in life, but there's little we could've done about Zin's lack of pace, or his inability to deal with rapid skillful Wingers.

I think Pep realised that Zin, Sterling & Jesus had hit the limits of what they could achieve at City, so to achieve the aim of winning the only title to elude Guardiola, we needed more.

I say this in full knowledge that Guardiola fucked up against Chelsea in the Champions League final, & that defeat was all on him.

Zinchenko, Sterling or Gundog should've never started that game & should've been replaced by Cancelo & Rodri. The only anomaly was who started as striker/false 9? We could have started Gundog & used KDB as a false 9 & used Rodri as our CDM.

We could have used Torres, Jesus or Sterling up front, with Foden LW & a midfield of KDB, Bernardo & Rodri, in fact anything but the lineup we started with!

There were several permutations we could have used, & with the squad available, Zinchenko was never a starter, hence we got rid in the expectation Cucurella would replace him.

In 90% of cases Zinchenko was a perfect LB for us. HOWEVER, the 10% of matches where he was found out, always came in crucial high end matches where his lack of pace & the fact he's not actually a defender were cruelly exposed.

Think the CL semi vs Real where they switched attack in the final 15 minutes & targeted Zin after he replaced Walker & Cancelo moved from LB to RB is a case in point. This was Zin's glass ceiling.

At the very highest level it's small incremental details & a touch of luck which make the difference. However I believe we make our own luck in life, but there's little we could've done about Zin's lack of pace, or his inability to deal with rapid skillful Wingers.

I think Pep realised that Zin, Sterling & Jesus had hit the limits of what they could achieve at City, so to achieve the aim of winning the only title to elude Guardiola, we needed more.

I say this in full knowledge that Guardiola fucked up against Chelsea in the Champions League final, & that defeat was all on him.

Zinchenko, Sterling or Gundog should've never started that game & should've been replaced by Cancelo & Rodri. The only anomaly was who started as striker/false 9? We could have started Gundog & used KDB as a false 9 & used Rodri as our CDM.

We could have used Torres, Jesus or Sterling up front, with Foden LW & a midfield of KDB, Bernardo & Rodri, in fact anything but the lineup we started with!

There were several permutations we could have used, & with the squad available, Zinchenko was never a starter, hence we got rid in the expectation Cucurella would replace him.
agreed on all you said. zinc, jesus and sterling were below what we need for the first team. we have higher standard than the likes of arsenal and chelsea. this season unfortunately we did not meet those standards yet.

agreed on all you said. zinc, jesus and sterling were below what we need for the first team. we have higher standard than the likes of arsenal and chelsea. this season unfortunately we did not meet those standards yet.

Yeah I agree, although the arse have improved, we have been WELL below our usual standards for most of the season unfortunately

I was always a bit relieved to see Zinchenko come on during big games, and I remember thinking he played well during the CL semi vs Real. Then again, I'm on a keyboard, Pep is at the Etihad, and Zinchenko's with the arse, so I'd say you're view is probably more accurate.

Still, if I only get Zinchenko for 90 percent of the games, I'm keeping him.

So we got rid of zinchenko and bought gomez ! Fuck me I bet Real Madrid would have shit the bed knowing that gomez was on .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.