Full backs / Wing Backs

it is, and when Manchester city throw their hat into the ring, then it will get even worst,
but we have shot ourselves in the foot with this, it's so easy for others to smell how desperate we are,

one way around this is to blood the young fullbacks and give them a long run in the Premier League,
show trust in them and show Cancelo he has to work for his place and not just turn up knowing he plays,

Or just go and spend, £100million on the best and have done with the messing about, because I think we will come up short again when it's the main part of the season, we have seen many times pep have a brain fart and overthink because the left back is out and used the wrong cover plan,

the BIG teams in the big games must feel we have a great chance down the left against Manchester city ? I know klopp and Liverpool use Salah to highlight the problems we have, every game you feel they will hurt us and score ? Salah must feel like it's a walk in the park, facing city every time he gets the ball on the left, I can not watch,

I understand pep knowledge of we will score more goals than you, so It's OK to score against us because we will score more than you, but add the crowd pressure and things not going our way all of a sudden we are 2 or 3 down,
it happens far too many times to be (just not our day),

build a solid back 4, and I can guarantee we win the Champions League title twice or more in the next 5 years

I said we'd lose the league if we went in with just Walker and Cancelo as our full backs. We needed two LBs in the summer, We only signed Gomez but Pep clearly doesn't trust him yet so we still need another one. Walker's injury has killed us a lot.

Portugal

France
€20.00m 1

Two to keep an eye on Contracts expire summer 2023.

Pep already said no activity in January, I mentioned here all along about worry about our squad no left back, no wingers and no pace. But everyone was creaming over haaland, he is fantastic but we still have a lot of holes in our team
To be fair, we cannot prepare for injuries in any case. We did but a 5th centre back, but obviously not a long term solution for right back in either Stones or Akanji. But I think we'll evaluate the squad pre winter window, because this is a unique situation, and if our players aren't at their best, or someone's injured, we'll definitely address it in January imo.

It is a little bizarre that we did not have a backup target for LB after the costs for Cucurella exceeded what we wanted to pay. Gomez was never the finished article and so does not really count.

Raphael Guerreiro of Dortmund is a bit older than the players we typically target (28) but his contract expires in June so he might be available for a reasonable fee in January and, being Portuguese, shoulld integrate easily with our squad.

Hernandez at AC is the best about, seems a non starter after he signed a new contract though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.