Full Backs?

Ah, this has always worked me. The notion that Kolarov is good going forward. He is good at whipping in hard low crosses. Which is 'a' component of going forward. Zaba is good at going forward. He understands movement angles, reads the opposition well, beats offside traps with well timed runs and picks Crosse accurately. Low to front post, chip to back post, cutbacl for trailing player etc. That's a fullback who is good going forward. Kolarov is shit with his decisions up front. Takes dumb shots from poor angles, has a lazy pass, and attempts the unlikely to be successful too often. No, Kolarov is not good at going forward, he is good at putting in low hard and sometimes dangerous crosses in.

Great post

Like it or not. But from the full backs we have Kolarov suits Pep best. The main thing that Pep needs to stamp in to the man is he must be focus 100% from start to finish. Loss of concentration is typical for often talented athletes from the Balkan area. Kolarov is much more useful in a possession game than Clichy who hasn't got a clue when he receives the ball in play.

All our full backs have their limitations. But Pep wouldn't surprise anyone if he comes up with a totally unexpected choice from the squad. Navas at right back? In a three men's defense why not. The system decides what kind of left or right back you need.

Very good post Dax,Kolarov is one of the most overrated players in our squad,everything about the bloke winds me up and I rue the day we paid far too much for the donkey.The more concerning fact is that given he still has 2 years of a bafflingly fantastic contract to run.....who the hell is going to take him off our hands?

I believe we need two new fullbacks,and i'm definitely of the opinion they should be priority purchases.

To think Kolarov arrived with J. Boateng for similar sort of money. :/ It's been said before but our transfer-dealings on defenders habitually going belly-up is a sad fact and one that hopefully will be remedied sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.