Full Backs?

Angelino and Mendy LB
Walker, Frimpong, Alpha RB

All wide attacking fullbacks with pace
The left side is better at crossing and right side better at defending

Make Zinchenko go midfield and LB backup.

I like Rodri, but Gundogan has shown what having a more technical player as the DM role gives us over Dinho (whom I still love)

I think Zinchenko can offer the best of both of them and has time on his side.
serious question blue - how on earth does that make us stronger for next season as I just dont see it

serious question blue - how on earth does that make us stronger for next season as I just dont see it
More about letting Pep mold more youngsters into the team.

As Khaldoon said in his interview, the direction is clear, to buy young players with potential and integrate them into the squad to be super stars. Sterling, Jesus, Sane etc have all skyrocketed in value. And I think these fullbacks offer high potential with Angelino proving it at the top with PSV winning young player of the year.

If we do buy Rodri, then what happens with Dinho and Gundogan? We cant rotate between 3 DMs who will each want to be the starter. If the plan is to shift Gundogan higher up then I'm against that as well because our other attacking midfielders are better tha Gundogan in those roles.

If City has to be smart with their money (with FFP nonsense), then I think with simply buying back Angelino which should be very cheap, we are still set for a very good next season and for beyond.

Buying young players doesn't mean we are turning to Borussia Dortmund. You'll win fuck all buying young potential players and turning them tto superstars. It's nice and romantic, but it doesn't work like that.

And I can't understand the obsession with buying back players you already sold. It happens so rarely and usually when they make it big time. Angelino is nowhere in that category and if it was to his potential, we wouldn't sell him at first place.

Buying young players doesn't mean we are turning to Borussia Dortmund. You'll win fuck all buying young potential players and turning them tto superstars. It's nice and romantic, but it doesn't work like that.

And I can't understand the obsession with buying back players you already sold. It happens so rarely and usually when they make it big time. Angelino is nowhere in that category and if it was to his potential, we wouldn't sell him at first place.
It does work like that, in fact, here is a shocker for you, we have a bunch of young players in the squad RIGHT NOW who are showing (with time and development) they are some of the best in the world in their position. And what obsession with buybacks? Nobody has ever mentioned buying anyone back except Angelino (and mostly me on this one player), he is 22 and fits the profile of the kind of player we have been bringing in under Pep for the last 3 years. Atleast make some sense when you make an argument.

Angelino and Mendy LB
Walker, Frimpong, Alpha RB

All wide attacking fullbacks with pace
The left side is better at crossing and right side better at defending

Make Zinchenko go midfield and LB backup.

I like Rodri, but Gundogan has shown what having a more technical player as the DM role gives us over Dinho (whom I still love)

I think Zinchenko can offer the best of both of them and has time on his side.
Take the blue tinted glasses off.

Angelino left for one reason, he was not good enough, Zinchenko has done a wonderful job at left back but on the biggest stage he is left wanting defensively.

We are one of , if not the best club sides in the world, don't forget that.

Take the blue tinted glasses off.

Angelino left for one reason, he was not good enough, Zinchenko has done a wonderful job at left back but on the biggest stage he is left wanting defensively.

We are one of , if not the best club sides in the world, don't forget that.
Angelino left to play simple as that, the club put in a buyback for a reason. In my own post I even said we should shift Zinchenko to midfield.

And your last statement means absolutely nothing in regards to the discussion.

No blue-tinted glasses here, just applying the clubs buying pattern (we buy good players with potential) and the fact that Angelino has a buy back clause to a logical outcome, we bring him back. It's not fucking rocket science.

Angelino left to play simple as that, the club put in a buyback for a reason. In my own post I even said we should shift Zinchenko to midfield.

And your last statement means absolutely nothing in regards to the discussion.

No blue-tinted glasses here, just applying the clubs buying pattern (we buy good players with potential) and the fact that Angelino has a buy back clause to a logical outcome, we bring him back. It's not fucking rocket science.

I’m sorry but Angelino is shite mate. It’s as simple as that really

It does work like that, in fact, here is a shocker for you, we have a bunch of young players in the squad RIGHT NOW who are showing (with time and development) they are some of the best in the world in their position. And what obsession with buybacks? Nobody has ever mentioned buying anyone back except Angelino (and mostly me on this one player), he is 22 and fits the profile of the kind of player we have been bringing in under Pep for the last 3 years. Atleast make some sense when you make an argument.

Most of young players in our squad were paid pretty handsomely and all proved themselves on very top level and were already at least stars before they came here to become superstars. Apart from Zinchenko who was inches away from having the same fate as Angelino but only for Pep's craziness to put the midfielder at left back. Most of them were wanted by most clubs in the world. To put Angelino in same line with them is silly, there are probably hundred fullbacks of Angelino's qualuity in Europe while our youngs were always destined for stardom, played in CL semis, were Brazilian internationals, visible megastars in making like Sane and Sterling. And yes, it was not only Angelino, there were many talks about Sancho too, some people think we should and might pay 100m for him, 2 years after we sold him for 8 mil.

Anyway, if we thought Angelino is good enough for us, we wouldn't have sold him. So, he is not coming back. We're not the fat ugly guy who wants back the single girl he ever had. And Angelino is not some very sexy girl.

Last edited:

But it did work like that?

Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Laporte, zinchenko, Stones, Bernardo are all young.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.