Funniest opposing team moment

Way back in the Dawn of time City were playing Arsenal at Maine Road.
The Arsenal keeper, Wilson (I think), had the ball and threw it in the area to Storey (I think) who caught it.
Penalty to City.
yes i remember this , he was right in front of us in the north stand ( that became J block) we were right beside an arsenal fan who just put his head in his hands , nobody else seems to remember it and ive tried to find film of it but cant find it anywhere

Home game v QPR back in the late 70's I think. Stan Bowles and his wife were having issues and she had gone "missing". QPR get a throw in on the Kippax side which Stan comes over to take. Just as he is about to take the throw the Kippax start singing Stanley, Stanley where's your wife. He immediately drops ball and turns round to the Kippax and raises his arms as if to say f**k knows. Very funny at the time.

Yes pal, I looked it up and Niall definitely scored but it was from open play and not from a penalty..
And we did indeed relegate Derby County to the old Second Division that afternoon.

My favourite part of that was not actually the penalty save but from the resulting corner, Quinn had obviously convinced himself he was now a fully fledged ‘keeper and charged miles of his line to catch the corner, like a peak Lev Yashin.

My favourite part of that was not actually the penalty save but from the resulting corner, Quinn had obviously convinced himself he was now a fully fledged ‘keeper and charged miles of his line to catch the corner, like a peak Lev Yashin.
He was tall enough to catch most high balls into the penalty area, so coming off his line wouldn't have been much of a problem for a guy like him.

This face...

Phil-Jones-gurning-face-as-Sergio-Aguero-scores.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.