Funniest thing you have heard at a match

the funniest thing i have heard is when I was sat in Maine Rd North Stand, about 10 rows behind goal. City were playing Wimbledon in the 1st Division under Keegan in 2001, and it was towards the beginning of the season. We were absolutely dreadful, Weaver was in goal and City conceded a fourth goal to make it 4-0. Some guy was a few rows behind me and as clear as day I heard "Weaver, I'll see you in the car park of the Griffin!". Put a smile on my face on an otherwise dreadful day!

Another one I've just remembered from the Denmark trip. Flying back from Aarhus the next morning a few blokes start whistling the Istanbul tune. Suddenly about half the plane joins in and a few even start clapping along. There were about 10 Danish lads on this flight, one of whom was sitting next to me, they didn't have a clue what was going on, priceless!

Has to be for me when moonchester was giving a thumbs up to all the liverpool team,

Then gerrard gave him a thumbs up back and moonchester turns to the crowd and did a wankin motion with his hand utter class :L

this made me piss, classic chant as well....

it was towards the end of the season when king kev won us Division 1 in 200? (champinship now). some guys near us, clearly smashed, got up and started singing noddy holders 'Come on feed the goat, i said come feed the goat...we want more more more'...to shaun goater, sheer genius. except no-one joined in for about 5minutes, credit to the guys cos they soildered on bealting this song out...after the song picked up by more and more people...next thing the whole ground seemed to be rocking out to it!

another one which you had to laugh at was when we were getting stomped by arsenal and henry. 4-0 down or something like that, we went and scored.....cue a 'your not singing any more' & many more funny chants of sheer ironic value!

Not sure where this was - I think it might have been Everton about 15 years ago, we were stood outside waiting to get in and a police horse stood on a lads foot. He was about to give a load of verbal and then realised it was the police and restrained himself and started to have some banter with the policewoman instead, saying "that horse looks knackered" to which she replied "so would you if you had spent 2 hours between my legs". Never seen a copper get such a cheer and he was left speechless.

In the reserves one time at Hyde, Huckerby giving the linesman a load of stick about being caught offside and shouted "you can't be that good or you wouldn't be running the line in a reserve game" and the liner replied with "you can't be that good or you wouldn't be playing for the reserves". Quality

Bluebeer said:
this made me piss, classic chant as well....

it was towards the end of the season when king kev won us Division 1 in 200? (champinship now). some guys near us, clearly smashed, got up and started singing noddy holders 'Come on feed the goat, i said come feed the goat...we want more more more'...to shaun goater, sheer genius. except no-one joined in for about 5minutes, credit to the guys cos they soildered on bealting this song out...after the song picked up by more and more people...next thing the whole ground seemed to be rocking out to it!

another one which you had to laugh at was when we were getting stomped by arsenal and henry. 4-0 down or something like that, we went and scored.....cue a 'your not singing any more' & many more funny chants of sheer ironic value!

think that was against fulham, an evening game if i remember rightly - it went on for ages - and there were plently of different versus as well "he will score, score, score" - absolute class.

the one that i remember from COMS was vs West Brom, either on boxing day or shortly after Xmas. Russell in goal, and I was sat in the South Stand. For all of the half one guy was giving Russell loads of abuse - "Russell, you're a fat fkucer", "Russell, you're a fat bstrd", "Russell, you've been eating too many mince pies". Hilarious.

kennycar said:
danburge82 said:
Did he sit between the North Stand and Maine Stand where you used to be able to oay £10 on the gate to get in!? Me and me Dad used to go in there when i was really young and i remember me Dad nearly getting kicked out of the ground off some police woman because he was trying to shut this guy up who was shouting "Ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" waiting for the 'clap, clap, clap'!

Come to think of it, i saw him at eastlands too. So i think i saw him in the last season of maine road and the first at eastlands. Can't really remember what he looked like, was kind of grumpy looking. Anyone who's heard him do that CIIIIII- TEEE knows, it's loud as hell.
East Stand, Level three, near the half way line.

Preston Blue said:
the one that i remember from COMS was vs West Brom, either on boxing day or shortly after Xmas. Russell in goal, and I was sat in the South Stand. For all of the half one guy was giving Russell loads of abuse - "Russell, you're a fat fkucer", "Russell, you're a fat bstrd", "Russell, you've been eating too many mince pies". Hilarious.

must of had to been there.

P*ss funny thread this. Bit of a newby on this site, but had to join in...

- Years ago, the chant of "There's only one Wuppi Goldberg" to.....can't remember his name....Black West Ham full-back with dreds...anyone?

- Not City, but Scottish cup final a few years back, Hearts v Hibs. It had been reported that HIbbs had the largest gay following in Scottish football. Cue 45 thousand Hearts fans chanting to the tune of The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army: "Oh the Hibies are gay...." Check it out on You Tube, p*s funny!

- Hundreds of pi*s wet through fans blasting out singing in the rain in the old Jean Kelly stand at Maine Road, to be then followed up with "We're shitty in the rain, just shitty in the rain" after going 2-0 down against Sheffield Utd

- Me shouting at the first foul/offside of every game "Come on ref, they've been doing it all game"....well I used think it was funny, now its just tradition!

Over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.