Funny stats to upset United fans

Our neighbours who were an old retired couple never needed an invite to come round.

Anyway a few years ago there was a City game on TV, tap at the door. It was the next doors wanting to discuss guttering! We invited them in an they started droning on. John clocked that my attention was on the game, and started reminiscing. He said that when the Munich aircrash was announced at school ( in Denton) all the kids cheered!

They were not and never have been adored by Mancunians ( rags, not John and Liz!)

A few years ago i spoke to an elderly man in Cheadle Hulme and told me as a child his dad used to take him to City matches. One Saturday morning they went to the local butcher and his dad mentioned they were going to the game that afternoon " That Ynitid then? " the butcher asked. The elderly man lowered his voice and said " do you know he confused me, I didn't even realise there was another team in Manchester".

He said that when the Munich aircrash was announced at school ( in Denton) all the kids cheered!

They were not and never have been adored by Mancunians ( rags, not John and Liz!)
My dad was 18 and an apprentice when news came through about Munich , your story is the total opposite to what he told me,he's still alive now at 83, he said grown men were crying openly on the shop floor.Its always stuck.with me and always will.

My dad was 18 and an apprentice when news came through about Munich , your story is the total opposite to what he told me,he's still alive now at 83, he said grown men were crying openly on the shop floor.Its always stuck.with me and always will.
Agreed..society a lot different then. Not long after world war 2, my gran was a blue she would cry telling the story..

Not a stat but they had two of the most corrupt decisions against us last season and the second one was responsible for the only blemish on Ortega’s FA Cup record that ended up “costing” us a goal, as bent as it comes along with Atwell’s pathetic performance for THEM.
2 shocking decisions that would never ever be given any other time.

Last time the rags won a champions league, people still had MySpace accounts.

Their treble was available on VHS.
MySpace always reminds me of this video song parody of the time - don’t know the original.
‘What if god had a myspace’

The songs line:
‘Yeah… yeah… gods online’ heh

… maybe it’s just for the FOC IT crowd :-(

City won the league in 1968 and United won the European Cup 2 weeks or so after we had clinched it.
But for the 21 seasons after that Including the 70s and 80s we won more.
And for 22 complete seasons since the millenium including the 00s and 10s we have won more.
TBF they did have the upperhand just for the 90s :)

1968-1969 to 1988-1989 (21 seasons)
Major trophies: City 4 -3 United

City:
1 FA Cup (1969)
2 League Cups (1970 & 1976)
1 European Cup Winners Cup (1970)

United:
3 FA Cups (1977, 1983 & 1985)

2000-2001 to 2022-2023 (22 full seasons since the start of the millenium)
Major trophies: City 17 - 16 United

City:
7 League Titles
1 Champions League
3 FA Cups
6 League Cups

United:
7 League Titles
1 Champions League
2 FA Cups
5 League Cups
1 Euro Leage (losers cup - shouldn't count :))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.