Further Sanitisation

JoeMercer'sWay said:
leithblue said:
why? a half empty Maine Road was much more attractive to kids of course. You're just whinging for the sake of it now, pathetic really

compared to a family friendly half empty COMS?

Club should be catering to everybody, not just putting people off by labelling everything "family friendly" and forcing things down our throat.

That is pathetic.
Half empty, what are you smoking? We've had the highest average attendances since moving to Eastlands that we've ever had. If you're talking about the cup, you should check out some of the cup attendances at Maine Road. City have long had poor cup attendances when compared to league attendances, and that was before we had European games and then a recession to consider.

When I was a kid in the 80's the only entertainment I looked forward to was the match. I remember the smell of the cigar smoke, the pints of Boddies and the dark lighting. If some poncy twat like Ferris had been outside Maine Road he'd get laughed out of Moss Side and rightly so.

SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
compared to a family friendly half empty COMS?

Club should be catering to everybody, not just putting people off by labelling everything "family friendly" and forcing things down our throat.

That is pathetic.
Half empty? Never in the league

Neither was it maine road

Plenty of empty seats at coms most matchdays, tickets sold Is such a good kop out.

Also club should focus on entertainment for everyone and not just give us family friendly, that's wrong. Go to junior blues if you want that

We actually had a lot more "entertainment" forced down our throats at Maine Road, did anyone enjoy a half time marching band? Or Vince in the 90s?

This is at one end of the stadium, away from most of the pubs, away from the side of the stadium most folk come to if they've been in town first, next to the shop, its the easist thing in the world to ignore.

My nephews are 5 and 8, come to every home game, sometimes they like what's happening in City Square, sometimes they ignore it. The point is that its a bonus, they are there to watch City and if City do something that doesn't cost you anything, that you can happily choose to ignore and not participate in why is that a problem?

Did you whinge when the Junior Blues was founded? Did you whinge at the sanitisation of City when they gave out those scratchy vinyl scarves to the Junior Blues? Plenty of grounds had a "boys pen" when I was younger - specifically to get the kids in and improve what would now be called the matchday experience. This is the equivalent. Kids don't go to football these days, there's been countless reports done about it, how is City trying to fill the stadium and encourage some kids who might otherwise waver a bad thing?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I know why don't they have a creche and offer a loyalty reward to parents by giving them a driver home a couple of times a season so they can have a couple of drinks with the kids they chose to have?

Endemic of this world, change the rules when it suits you

are you drinking?

Change what rules?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I know why don't they have a creche and offer a loyalty reward to parents by giving them a driver home a couple of times a season so they can have a couple of drinks with the kids they chose to have?

Endemic of this world, change the rules when it suits you
As you will find by looking at your own thread.
They change things when the majority want things changing.
You are really a good wum or have a very sad life.
I bet your still pissed off that marathons got changed to snickers!!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
rowsley_st said:
I cannot see how anyone can moan about this??..What the fook is wrong with some people!!??
If it's not for you-DON'T GO!!

Pathetic.

err....no.

completely the wrong mindset for the fans and the club.

Err no, it's completely the wrong mindset for you. I think the majority of fans who bring their kids are quite happy with it. Fortunately nobody is forcing you to attend as you'd spend the whole time whinging, moaning and boring the fucking arse of yet more people who are growing increasingly tired of negative "fans" like you pouring scorn on everything the club is trying to do. You don't like the idea of it. Fine. Nobody is forcing you to go. People who do like the idea of it will attend. Simple. If, as you seem to think all city fans are exactly the same as you, nobody will turn up anyway. I think you'll find the reallity is that there will be plenty of people will turn up and have a good time. As awful as is that our evil empire of a club are trying to ensure kids can enjoy the match day experience. THE HORROR!!

I do love parents who come on here with their "holier than thou" "I went and did the lads stuff but now I've chosen to have a kid I want it my way or I won't give the club my money and won't go and support the team"

Keep eating out of my hand, seems I don't have to even try anymore, I can carp on all I want...

Anyone fancy some cheese? Of course it will be delivered by hugh ferris dressed as ronald mcdonald in a velvet purple box which also contains a complimentary nintendo ds, half price tickets to the next harry potter movie, 25 percent discount vouchers in the club shop and a holiday for 4 in abu dhabi. I must also add that all the products are non alcoholic and have not been touched by anyone who may have stood, sung or drunk in the south stand or singing section

Did I mention the family stand party? Its an inflatable extravaganza and its happening once a week however only about 40 percent of you can turn up!

Good day to you all.

The thing is when people who were perfectly happy sat in their North Stand seats, many will have been long serving Platt Lane fans for decades, were evicted without their approval for the new Family Stand. When this stand is there available for 6000, yet hasn't been filled once all season. When there is this amount provided for families and yet only about 3000 - in two seperate areas - provided for vocal fans (other clubs vocal stands: Everton 6000; Blackburn 7000; Leeds 7000; Seff Weds 11000; Sheff Utd 12000; Liverpool 12000; Villa 14500...)... you can see where people are starting to get a little upset, disgruntled, angry... with City. Little things like this are annoying when the fans who Nigel de Jong bows his arms down to at the end of every match (he only does that to the South Stand L1 and East Corner L1, he just applauds everyone else) are being almost ignored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.