future expansion

toffee balls said:
eshiers1 said:
jonmcity said:
Don't think you need to take the whole roof off, the south stand part of the roof was added after conversion from the games.

while the roof was not in place, the tension cabling system was

the roof works as one large system, it will all have to come down if we want to expand
Not necessarily correct.

Temporary supports to the support the roof structure would enable construction to continue.

It would not be easy but it can be done.
was'nt the roof already on for the games without the north stand?

Roger Ringpiece said:
No it doesnt. Coldplay didnt have a roof last week at the Etihad.

<a class="postlink" href="https://p.twimg.com/AvCw6UUCIAAT4EA.jpg:large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://p.twimg.com/AvCw6UUCIAAT4EA.jpg:large</a>

Corky said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
Incorrect. The stage doesnt necessarily need a roof.

It really does in Manchester.

The stage is set up under our roof.

With the news that all seasoncards have sold out for the 2012-2013 season, demand is obviously there and increasing.

I'm guessing the hierarchy will be looking closely at the numbers of Blue Members who are on the Gold waiting list for 2013-2014 and at how well tickets sell in the domestic/european competitions.

Announcement in the close season after 2012-2013 season if sales of cup competitions are decent?

flipmode said:
With the news that all seasoncards have sold out for the 2012-2013 season, demand is obviously there and increasing.

I'm guessing the hierarchy will be looking closely at the numbers of Blue Members who are on the Gold waiting list for 2013-2014 and at how well tickets sell in the domestic/european competitions.

Announcement in the close season after 2012-2013 season if sales of cup competitions are decent?

Way to optimistic..Give it 3-4 years at least

S04 said:
flipmode said:

Way to optimistic..Give it 3-4 years at least

3-4 years before an announcement? No chance. There is no way we will wait that long to announce an expansion (if we do expand) if there is demand sitting idle, waiting to be met.

If it's 3-4 years we will be missing out on a lot of revenue and more importantly tens of thousands of new supporters. How do we know that we will still be at the top of English football in 3-4 years time? This is an opportunity to establish City as a superpower of European football for all time - one not dependent on rich owners

I think it'll be announced this season. I think the reality is obvious

128895494016190239.jpg

Marvin said:
If it's 3-4 years we will be missing out on a lot of revenue and more importantly tens of thousands of new supporters. How do we know that we will still be at the top of English football in 3-4 years time? This is an opportunity to establish City as a superpower of European football for all time - one not dependent on rich owners

I fail to see the connection between new supporters and the size of the stadium, using that logic tell me why Barca don´t sell out that often and why I see loads of Spurs fans in London despite them having a much smaller stadium than The Etihad.

I thought the points about stadium expansion made by the Liverpool owners recently were interesting - that a new stadium just wouldn't be worth the money. If our owners are thinking about this in terms of long term finances then how much difference will 10,000 extra seats make? Even if they bring in £1000 a season (more than they do now), then that would be £10 million, and that's without considering the many millions it will take to restructure an existing stadium.

Given that we can't charge £100 a ticket like Arsenal, if there are modifications, aren't they more likely to be restructuring what we have to provide more corporate capacity?

When you consider United have a training kit deal for £10m a season, and that we've increased out commercial income by tens of millions a year already, I suspect there are much easier ways to get cash.

Bayern have a commercial income of £160m+ and I would expect our owners to be using their influence to increase ours over the £100m mark, rather than stressing about adding a few thousand extra seats in a disruptive and expensive manner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.