future expansion

eshiers1 said:
jonmcity said:
Don't think you need to take the whole roof off, the south stand part of the roof was added after conversion from the games.

while the roof was not in place, the tension cabling system was

the roof works as one large system, it will all have to come down if we want to expand
Not necessarily correct.

Temporary supports to the support the roof structure would enable construction to continue.

It would not be easy but it can be done.

gouldybob said:
waspish said:
Does anyone know How much we actually make on these concerts? I bet it's not even Tevez's weekly wage

Not seen how much we made out of the 8 night Take That residency in last years accounts but Sunderland announced a profit of about a £1 million a night for Take That / Kings of Leon in 2010. We're a bigger venue so this year Coldplay & Springsteen should bring us in more than that.

Sunderland has more seats than us though, so there won't be too much in it. We may make more from corporate facilities and and possibly a bigger standing area.

Stretford Born Blue said:
richards30 said:
flipmode said:

Looks good doesn't it?
fuck me it makes a hell of a difference ?!?!? looks great that!

So I guess that would add around 12000 to 16000 extra seats seeing as the third tiers hold around 6000 each, then fill in the gaps and square it off at the top....? 64 thousand plus, nice size and should look fabulous...........

Except that the third tier behind the goal cannot be as long as the third tier on the side so it wouldnt be anywhere near that many.

But surely they will install a whole new roof when they expand? The current one isn't the best and doesn't keep the atmosphere inside the stadium.

No it doesnt. Coldplay didnt have a roof last week at the Etihad.

<a class="postlink" href="https://p.twimg.com/AvCw6UUCIAAT4EA.jpg:large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://p.twimg.com/AvCw6UUCIAAT4EA.jpg:large</a>

Corky said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
Incorrect. The stage doesnt necessarily need a roof.
Neville Kneville said:
Concerts don't need a roof, just the stage does.

It really does in Manchester.

Wexford Blue said:
pirate said:
that would affect the pitch quality
the corners open to let in a cross flow of air when the stadium is not in use.
Its thiscross flow that enables the grass to grow properly

Ah! Feck.
This is true, but the pitch would probably be fine without the cross flow ventilation from the louvres in each corner. A degree of cross flow ventilation is already achieved from from opening the concourses up on the bottom tier. The transparent lining on the edge of the roof to maximise sunlight for the grass is probably more important to grow grass than a bit of wind if I'm honest.

sparky1 said:
talkativesprout said:
jayblue said:
Just been to the ticket office and while the guy was sorting out my seasoncard renewal we just got chatting. He said that season tickets are selling like hot cakes and that there has been a lot of interest in season tickets from people with no history to the club, ie gloryhunters- his words. I said that they need to make the place bigger to which he said that they make lots of money from these concerts and there is talk of robbie williams doing a few concerts there next summer so doesn't see it happening the end of next season either. I'm sure he isn't privvy to decisions made at the top so all I am doing is relaying my conversation .

Waited for this for years, ever since Mork and Mindy have i wanted to see him, bonus that it is at gods garden.

Nanoo Nanoo

Shazbot! "Orson, why are you wearing a blue uniform? I hope your not another one of those glory hunters".

Stretford Born Blue said:
richards30 said:
flipmode said:

Looks good doesn't it?
fuck me it makes a hell of a difference ?!?!? looks great that!

So I guess that would add around 12000 to 16000 extra seats seeing as the third tiers hold around 6000 each, then fill in the gaps and square it off at the top....? 64 thousand plus, nice size and should look fabulous.........

Can any of you photoshoppers out there do this? ^^^ Or choose your own pic and expand it with a full third tier. Or even to your own design of say a large 'end' similar to Dortmund's coupled with 3 tiers all round or whatever you choose. Cheers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.