future expansion

gouldybob said:
waspish said:
Does anyone know How much we actually make on these concerts? I bet it's not even Tevez's weekly wage

Not seen how much we made out of the 8 night Take That residency in last years accounts but Sunderland announced a profit of about a £1 million a night for Take That / Kings of Leon in 2010. We're a bigger venue so this year Coldplay & Springsteen should bring us in more than that.

Cheers that's pretty impressive

gouldybob said:
waspish said:
Does anyone know How much we actually make on these concerts? I bet it's not even Tevez's weekly wage

Not seen how much we made out of the 8 night Take That residency in last years accounts but Sunderland announced a profit of about a £1 million a night for Take That / Kings of Leon in 2010. We're a bigger venue so this year Coldplay & Springsteen should bring us in more than that.

How come?
I know that there is very little to choose in the capacity of the stadia for matchday's in fact theirs is slightly larger iirc, so how come our is larger for concerts?

talkativesprout said:
jayblue said:
Just been to the ticket office and while the guy was sorting out my seasoncard renewal we just got chatting. He said that season tickets are selling like hot cakes and that there has been a lot of interest in season tickets from people with no history to the club, ie gloryhunters- his words. I said that they need to make the place bigger to which he said that they make lots of money from these concerts and there is talk of robbie williams doing a few concerts there next summer so doesn't see it happening the end of next season either. I'm sure he isn't privvy to decisions made at the top so all I am doing is relaying my conversation .

Waited for this for years, ever since Mork and Mindy have i wanted to see him, bonus that it is at gods garden.

Nanoo Nanoo

law74 said:
gouldybob said:
waspish said:

How come?
I know that there is very little to choose in the capacity of the stadia for matchday's in fact theirs is slightly larger iirc, so how come our is larger for concerts?

For concerts apparently Sunderland keep it to 50,000 according to their website while we're happy to wedge in 60,000 as often as possible

City re-negotiated the lease some while ago so that we pay a flat fee rather than a % of attendances. That suggests we don't share income with MCC

Marvin said:
City re-negotiated the lease some while ago so that we pay a flat fee rather than a % of attendances. That suggests we don't share income with MCC

Yep it's 3m a year

S04 said:
gouldybob said:
waspish said:

I´ve also seen around £1m per night mentioned, net profit that is.

And we had rugby games there few weeks ago it is worth doing. England trained there not sure that would of bin free

oakiecokie said:
waspish said:
Just think if we could get 20 days a year with concerts that's a tidy sum to our revenue

And it would hurt that French **** Platini !

He's busy at the moment, he's getting very excited over all the signings A certain French team are considering signing ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.