GAA

Don’t know for sure but the guy is 39 years old.
There are other outfield players choosing to step down too. It’s an amateur sport and they have jobs and families and life.
Maybe, just maybe this is the start of the end of an era. Who knows.

Is the hunger there after 6 in a row and the thoughts of the gruelling training that is really professional level.
Yeah; I realise they're amateurs. And that it's a big commitment with training to fit in around their day jobs and their family lives.It's just strange the silence around the episode. If he's retired, why not say so? I can't see the Dublin fans holding it against him somehow, not after the service he's given to them.

Serious question; after winning six Sam Maguires in a row, how much did the last one mean to you, compared to the first of them back in 2016? Is it a case now of "Oh, we've won another all Ireland. Great"?

Yeah; I realise they're amateurs. And that it's a big commitment with training to fit in around their day jobs and their family lives.It's just strange the silence around the episode. If he's retired, why not say so? I can't see the Dublin fans holding it against him somehow, not after the service he's given to them.

Serious question; after winning six Sam Maguires in a row, how much did the last one mean to you, compared to the first of them back in 2016? Is it a case now of "Oh, we've won another all Ireland. Great"?
Bearing in mind that I’m not part of any local GAA club, I love the football but think the hurling is really the Crown Jewels of Irish sport.
I celebrate every final win but what I admire most is the manner in which they do it. Sometimes better than others but they have changed the game for the better in my view. 5 in a row was special, but going one better and creating a record of 6 is something that will take some beating.

At this stage I would welcome Mayo or Kerry or anyone else to raise the bar again and force Dublin to up their standard. The more teams capable of competing the better for the game.
From the games I’ve seen in Leinster so far Dublin step up when they have to, so it’s hard to know if they have the wherewithal to go at it from the start against the level they will meet in the semifinal and then the final should they succeed.
I think regardless of what the rest of the country thinks of the Dub fans, the team Particularly under Gavin, have been humble and dignified off the field and industrious and relentless on it.

As I said in an earlier post, Kilkenny raised the game of hurling to a different level and dominated, but were eventually toppled. A young and up and coming Cork team have beaten them to reach the final this year as well. But from what I’ve seen from the other semi final, it is going to be some team that’ll beat Limerick. Some of the scoring in that game was incredible.
Hurling is just such a fabulous game when played at that level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.