GAA

Thought the scouse pin up / Beckham at right-back / puts in a good ball but can't defend had a brother.....

Hurling is an incredibly fast skilful game. A game I was useless at. I tried it at school but in typical Christian Brothers fashion, we were just thrown in there and told to get stuck in. No tutoring or training on even how to hold the hurley, never mind how to protect yourself.
Nearly had my knuckles taken off, due to an opponent’s Hurley sliding up mine on a follow through.
Savage game if you don’t know what you are doing, but brilliant to watch those that do.

Found out this morning that the Ulster championship games are available on the iPlayer, watched Tyrone v Donegal in the semi-finals earlier today.
A quite disastrous game for visitors’ stalwart Michael Murphy on a par with Jonathan Woodgate’s debut for Real Madrid.
In the space of about 10 first half minutes he managed to be booked, put a penalty wide off the post Rashford-style and then get booked again and sent off. Almost certainly cost them the game

Dublin saw off Meath to reach another Leinster final, but I’m more impressed with the hurling team even though they were well beaten by Kilkenny in the provincial final. The squad had been depleted by Covid too.

It’s great to see hurling on the up in Dublin. There’s kids out on the streets where I walk the dog, that are permanently with a hurl in their hands, knocking a ball about as they walk to and from the park.

Dublin saw off Meath to reach another Leinster final, but I’m more impressed with the hurling team even though they were well beaten by Kilkenny in the provincial final. The squad had been depleted by Covid too.

It’s great to see hurling on the up in Dublin. There’s kids out on the streets where I walk the dog, that are permanently with a hurl in their hands, knocking a ball about as they walk to and from the park.
Please dont take over the hurling like you’ve done to football ;)

Please dont take over the hurling like you’ve done to football ;)
Ha! Would love to see them get some success though. Just to develop into a permanent top tier team would be enough.
Beating Galway was great and unexpected and I think with a full team they would have given Kilkenny a closer game.

Did anyone watch the Ulster final between Tyrone and Monaghan?

Very entertaining. Monaghan 5 points down at half time came back level in second half but lost it by a point due to poor game management and decision making.
Tons of chances but didn’t take them.
Tyrone were far more measured and cuter. Probably deserved it, IMO.
But a really enjoyable honest game of football.

Dublin v Kildare tomorrow in the Leinster final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.