Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to a Brazilien mate he reckons he is the best to come out of Brazil in years far better than Neymar.
Really? Now he looks good and I'm excited to see him but let's not get carried away. Neymar got in Santos' team at 15/16 and had played 210 games and had scored 123 goals by Gabriel Jesus' age now (Jesus has played 69 games and scored 26 goals).

Really? Now he looks good and I'm excited to see him but let's not get carried away. Neymar got in Santos' team at 15/16 and had played 210 games and had scored 123 goals by Gabriel Jesus' age now (Jesus has played 69 games and scored 26 goals).
Fair point. But players develop sooo differently at this (age) stage. R9 was already world's best player in his teens, Neymar scored loads of goals and GJ has barely started his senior career. It's very hard to predict and very difficult to use stats for the analysis - hell, no one sane could say in 2006 that Messi is the 'next Pele' thing. I, personally, find GJ no less exciting than Neymar at the same age, but who I am to judge.
I'd like to address this comparison to Brazilian bluemooners who followed Neymar's and GJ's development closely. What do you think? Who seems to be more talented, considering age difference ofc.?

Last edited:
Kelichi has hardly played any open age football, he's very inexperienced and has a lot wrong with his game even though he does look good for the little football he has played in his career. He has only 36 games under his belt and a lot of those have been as a sub. Jesus hasn't played that much first team football himself (69 games) but most of those have been starts and he looks to have better balance, passing and dribbling ability than Kelichi does (Kelichi looks very raw still to me, look at his assist for Nolito at Stoke where he nearly tripped over the ball twice, Jesus looks more rounded already).

Iheanacho 14 goals in 35 games(1213 mins) for a premier league team
Gabriel Jesus 26 goals in 69 games(14 in 35 games in the league(2627 mins)) for a Brazillian league team

Kelechi has the better pass completion % and Jesus averages 1.1 dribbles per game, that's less than Navas and the same as Kolarov. Kelechi doesn't tend to dribble often but 14 out 19 dribbles completed isn't bad going.

Both are raw talents with huge potential and still a lot of work to do. Each are better than the other at different things, no need to put one down to elevate the other.

Last edited:
Apparently Gabriel Jesus is the first ever player to score twice in their competitive debut for Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.