Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked really hard and for his size he is not afraid to go head to head with big players. A real team player even though he got zero service his attitude was top class.
Few times he got the ball ,his first touches were all spot on. His lay off out side the box was on the money.
He did everything he could to get in the game but was isolated and ignored.
We got gem here , bargain of the century!

The chairman of Palmeiras flew Gabriel Jesus back on a private jet for tonight's São Paulo derby. Started on the bench and came on when they were down 1-0, they ended up winning 2-1.
Here's his best piece of action tonight.

The chairman of Palmeiras flew Gabriel Jesus back on a private jet for tonight's São Paulo derby. Started on the bench and came on when they were down 1-0, they ended up winning 2-1.
Here's his best piece of action tonight.

The only thing that worries me with stuff like this is that I hope he doesn't get burnt out!!

Seems like he's being heavily relied on (by everyone) right now and at his age that can be dangerous.

Plenty of options when he arrives though so will be given time to adjust and settle

But my feeling is he will want to be involved asap

To be honest, I was more thinking about what will happen to him in between coming to us. As long as he arrives injury free and fresh I think he'll make a big impact - especially as a sub while he settles in.

Understandable

Hopefully he's stays fit
I was in the stadium yesterday. We beat São Paulo, one of our greatest rivals (corinthians being the other one). Palmeiras has three big matches incoming, gremio out, flamengo home, corinthians out. If Palmeiras is able to survive this sequence, being already three points ahead of flamengo (2nd), it will be hard to catch us. Gabriel will have, I think, the most important game so far in his life, 15 days from now in the match against corinthians, in their stadium probably needing a good result to stay at first place. He never scored against corinthians, I think it will be a good farewell present if he help us beat them, in his last derby (how corinthians x palmeiras game is called).

Yesterday Gabriel played for 30 mins only and changed the game when he entered. We were loosing 1x0 and the coach put him in the left side cause sao paulo had an improvised player in there. He turned that guy life literally into an inferno. Spaces were opened when he came in, plays were made, 2 goals were scored. Gabriel's play you guys posted here was amazing. He is relatively small (1,76m high) and thin but he was able to dominate the ball in the middle of three defenders using his body to protect it and then gave and excelent shot that was also amazingly defended by the goal keeper.

cheers from brazil.

Last edited:
The only thing that worries me with stuff like this is that I hope he doesn't get burnt out!!

Seems like he's being heavily relied on (by everyone) right now and at his age that can be dangerous.
If we didn't sign him and he stayed for another year he was going to go right into State Championships in January and Copa Libertadores. He was thinking about those options prior to settling on joining us at the end of his domestic season. This is how Neymar had all those games played and goals scored at such a young age.

Great he chose City.

I know it has been probably discussed many times...will he meet Premier League 'restrictions ' for work permit as he has only played 2 games for National team?

I was in the stadium yesterday. We beat São Paulo, one of our greatest rivals (corinthians being the other one). Palmeiras has three big matches incoming, gremio out, flamengo home, corinthians out. If Palmeiras is able to survive this sequence, being already three points ahead of flamengo (2nd), it will be hard to catch us. Gabriel will have, I think, the most important game so far in his life, 15 days from now in the match against corinthians, in their stadium probably needing a good result to stay at first place. He never scored against corinthians, I think it will be a good farewell present if he help us beat them, in his last derby (how corinthians x palmeiras game is called).

Yesterday Gabriel played for 30 mins only and changed the game when he entered. We were loosing 1x0 and the coach put him in the left side cause sao paulo had an improvised player in there. He turned that guy life literally into an inferno. Spaces were opened when he came in, plays were made, 2 goals were scored. Gabriel's play you guys posted here was amazing. He is relatively small (1,76m high) and thin but he was able to dominate the ball in the middle of three defenders using his body to protect it and then gave and excelent shot that was also amazingly defended by the goal keeper.

cheers from brazil.
keep those reports coming xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.