Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too pal. Playing scared isn’t the right way to put it but I just think maybe Pep has him on a bit of a leash. Hopefully he’s allowed to express himself a little more but keeping it simple hasn’t exactly been a bad thing for us.
When you saw the YouTube gallery of him prior to him joining us I thought,wow this is what we want to see at City,pure dribbling ability.Pep doesn`t appear to have put Sane on a leash and hopefully as you say he may be allowed to express himself a little more next season.

Poor tonight. Not a centre forward for me, not as a lone striker anyway. He's looked best for us alongside Aguero or shunted slightly wide for Sterling

When you saw the YouTube gallery of him prior to him joining us I thought,wow this is what we want to see at City,pure dribbling ability.Pep doesn`t appear to have put Sane on a leash and hopefully as you say he may be allowed to express himself a little more next season.

Maybe it’s different for wide areas? You always here Pep going on about doing the simple things, keep it simple. I think he’d be allowed much more freedom if it weren’t for the two geniuses behind him. But yeah, I can’t argue that he doesn’t have more to show us.

I'm not quite sure why the negativity from last nights game. I thought he looked really sharp & movement was excellent.

I think he’d be better served coming off the bench with twenty to go. I don’t think he’s ready yet but kudos to him for having them balls to wear the Brazil no 9 shirt at such a young age.

Will never return kun like figures for city. A tad overated in all honesty.

He’s scored 20 in 2318 minutes with two injuries and is 20.

Kun scored 21 in 1963 last season.

So yeah, I think he’s already close. He actually had much higher ‘figures’ than Sergio the season before last but only a sample of 600 minutes. Frustrating seeing claims like this.

Last edited:
Gabriel is getting the same social media hate from scousers that Sterling gets. All for the audacity of keeping 'Bobby' out of the side.

It seems that their warped opinions are even starting to affect some city fan's views of him.

When you ever feel the need to question his ability and position. Please take a moment to consider that he's Brazil's no.9 on merit, at the age of 21 (with 10 goals in 18 - mostly in competitive games), and Pep Guardiola bought him as a teenager to directly compete with Sergio for leading the line in major games.

That's all you need to know. He's an unbelievable talent and should be given more respect.

I'm not quite sure why the negativity from last nights game. I thought he looked really sharp & movement was excellent.

Agree with this. He is explosive and I for one can't wait to see what he can deliver next season. The good news is I expect Brazil to be knocked out sooner rather than later giving the young man a well deserved rest

He played well against Switzerland even if Firmino provided a spark after being subbed on. The bigger issue, for me, was the lack of width for Brasil - particularly with Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.