Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well against Switzerland even if Firmino provided a spark after being subbed on. The bigger issue, for me, was the lack of width for Brasil - particularly with Neymar

The biggest issue for Brazil is Neymar trying to win games on his own. He had to at the last world cup he doesnt now. Stop dribbling into players and getting free kicks start passing to Coutinho and Gabby and moving into space. That is what got them their form before the tournament. He started to hog the ball too much towards the end of the game trying to be the hero. Use the players around you more, they are talented. It isnt like Portugal where Ronaldo often has very little gifted support with him othsr than Bernardo of course.

The biggest issue for Brazil is Neymar trying to win games on his own. He had to at the last world cup he doesnt now. Stop dribbling into players and getting free kicks start passing to Coutinho and Gabby and moving into space. That is what got them their form before the tournament. He started to hog the ball too much towards the end of the game trying to be the hero. Use the players around you more, they are talented. It isnt like Portugal where Ronaldo often has very little gifted support with him othsr than Bernardo of course.

I didn't watch much of PSG this year but I saw this quite a bit at Barcelona - to oversimplify it, showboating. But the truth is that he has a propensity to slow things down and can easily be taken off of his game & the collective play, this has happened almost everytime he has faced Switzerland btw. Probably why the Suisse almost encouraged him to try & showboat, he invariably loses focus and fails to think about the team. When he's running at you with pace to attack space, pulling defenders towards him & opening it up for his teammates he's incredibly effective & dangerous - but he doesn't do this enough and it's clear he prefers to cut into the middle rather than hug the touchline. I think this narrows their play and reduces their options

Perhaps Tite will then move Neymar central and let Coutinho play wide left

Got £30 on Jesus to be top goal scorer at the World Cup. Ronaldo is really messing things up for me

He's been bad for the past 3 or 4 Brazil games, needs a goal and a good performance tomorrow to get going. If he does, I think he'll not look back.

Fantastic today, just missing a goal. Won back possession, focal point, linked up play, caused problems in the air and got the vital touch for the winning goal.

Fantastic today, just missing a goal. Won back possession, focal point, linked up play, caused problems in the air and got the vital touch for the winning goal.

Yep, thought he was excellent today and none of the showboating and childish petulance shown by you know who.

Thought he played quite well but was a bit stifled by Neymar - there's one player I would not want at City. I thought Neymar could easily have got a red due to his constant petulance. Shame it did not happen as it would have been interesting to see what Jesus could do without that muppet about.

Thought he played quite well but was a bit stifled by Neymar - there's one player I would not want at City. I thought Neymar could easily have got a red due to his constant petulance. Shame it did not happen as it would have been interesting to see what Jesus could do without that muppet about.
I've done a bit of refereeing at youth level and even under senior refereeing guidelines (we've a zero tolerance policy here at youth level) he would have gone off before halftime. Saying that though, the yellow card he actually got I wouldn't have given him, the Costa Rican players were faking injury at every opportunity and I'd sympathise with a player getting frustrated there. Mind you, you only have to stop play for head injuries, so I would have just played on when they went down. Only the goalkeeper and head injuries are required to be treated onfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.