Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sometimes starts to involve Jesus in his show. Then Brazil become a potential World Cup winning 'team'.

Jesus makes the team start to tick.
Think that Neymar realises just how vital a bagman Gabriel is to him.
If Neymar does indeed have a big say in picking the team then Firmino will struggle to get many starts as he plays for himself and Coutinho.
Just watched ITV highlights of the game and am coming to the conclusion that Hoddle is the most one-eyed spiteful excuse for a TV pundit.
Gabriel, Sterling, Stones do well-should have done better.
They do badly-repeat criticism ad nauseum
They do brilliantly-don’t mention it.

Think that Neymar realises just how vital a bagman Gabriel is to him.
If Neymar does indeed have a big say in picking the team then Firmino will struggle to get many starts as he plays for himself and Coutinho.
Just watched ITV highlights of the game and am coming to the conclusion that Hoddle is the most one-eyed spiteful excuse for a TV pundit.
Gabriel, Sterling, Stones do well-should have done better.
They do badly-repeat criticism ad nauseum
They do brilliantly-don’t mention it.

It's weird but I have been noticing that too, over different games & trying to see if he does similar with other players but I can't notice that he does, in particular.

He praises the City players sometimes too, & pointed out that Jesus was not getting the service, but he does seem to be as severe on City players for the slightest mistake in general, as he is with Sterling, & it's very very strange. He often actually praises Rashford for giving the ball away.

The worst one though was Tyldesley: Coutinho passing to Firminho " Liverpool past to Liverpool now!" Vomit.

It's weird but I have been noticing that too, over different games & trying to see if he does similar with other players but I can't notice that he does, in particular.

He praises the City players sometimes too, & pointed out that Jesus was not getting the service, but he does seem to be as severe on City players for the slightest mistake in general, as he is with Sterling, & it's very very strange. He often actually praises Rashford for giving the ball away.

The worst one though was Tyldesley: Coutinho passing to Firminho " Liverpool past to Liverpool now!" Vomit.
Yeah. I also liked Clive’s swipe at Sterling’s profligacy in the Nigeria warm up game.
Kane got lucky when his shot took a big deflection off a defender and ended up in the Nigerian net.
“Now he doesn’t miss” growled the Crimson one.

... he does as much with one touch, as Neymar/Coutinho do with ten.

Brazil (& City) need to.get him involved more still imo, even if he loses the ball. He makes stuff happen out of nothing. He's fucking brilliant.

+1. I love him and think City and Brazil have a real gem. He may at times lose the ball and not everything may come off for him but used properly and involved fully, he’s a very intelligent, elusive and dangerous attacking force who possesses, amongst his many other strengths, the ability to create space for others. And he’s still young. Mick McCarthy, though, doesn’t know who he is - apparently!

Jesus has really disappointed me so far in this World Cup. Looks oddly low on confidence. Hope he gets better.

Jesus has really disappointed me so far in this World Cup. Looks oddly low on confidence. Hope he gets better.
I think every city player at the world cup with the possible exception of John Stones has looked a lesser player than they do at City. The reasons are obvious, they are not playing in a team coached by a genius, they are surrounded by either lesser or megalomaniac talent, they are played out of position. It might change and one of them sets the competition alight but I doubt it for these reasons.

I think every city player at the world cup with the possible exception of John Stones has looked a lesser player than they do at City. The reasons are obvious, they are not playing in a team coached by a genius, they are surrounded by either lesser or megalomaniac talent, they are played out of position. It might change and one of them sets the competition alight but I doubt it for these reasons.

Absolutely agree but it's still disappointing, so far.

He's doing the unseen work.

Look at Brazil's opening goal again, and watch Jesus pull the CB miles out of position to create the giant gap for Paulinho to go through.

The touch that brings down the ball for Coutinho's winner in the second game, the tackles hes making up front (more than Neymar, Coutinho and Willian combined).

The rest isn't coming because he's getting shit service and Neymar is trying too hard. 2 or 3x yesterday Neymar could have pulled the ball back for Jesus to have an easy shot from 6-10 yards out, but chose to shoot from impossible positions instead. Willian hasn't put in a single good cross all tournament and you could see the difference Douglas Costa made when he came on against Costa Rica, with Gabby getting on the end of crosses and hitting the woodwork.

He even created 2 great chances for Neymar yesterday who fucked them up.

I think Tite sees that stuff, he's not playing poorly despite not scoring.

Look at Brazil's opening goal again, and watch Jesus pull the CB miles out of position to create the giant gap for Paulinho to go through.

The touch that brings down the ball for Coutinho's winner in the second game, the tackles hes making up front (more than Neymar, Coutinho and Willian combined).

The rest isn't coming because he's getting shit service and Neymar is trying too hard. 2 or 3x yesterday Neymar could have pulled the ball back for Jesus to have an easy shot from 6-10 yards out, but chose to shoot from impossible positions instead. Willian hasn't put in a single good cross all tournament and you could see the difference Douglas Costa made when he came on against Costa Rica, with Gabby getting on the end of crosses and hitting the woodwork.

Spot on.

Also, he was basically a defensive mid helping out fullbacks and everyone in the last 10 mins to allow Neymar rest a bit upfront... Yet he still made numerous runs forward and as you say, even created a great chance for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.