Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking this year's scoring stats....

(I've only included PL and CL, as I don't have the match time played for the EFL / FA cup)

Jesus: 1111 mins played, 8 goals. Works out at 138 mins a goal.

Sergio: 1479 mins, 12 goals. 123.25 mins per goal.

Just checking this year's scoring stats....

(I've only included PL and CL, as I don't have the match time played for the EFL / FA cup)

Jesus: 1111 mins played, 8 goals. Works out at 138 mins a goal.

Sergio: 1479 mins, 12 goals. 123.25 mins per goal.
Jesus 374 cup minutes
Aguero 76

Imagine being one of those guys that was slagging him off a few weeks ago.
But they were right in what they were saying to a certain extent because he was playing bit parts and things weren’t coming off for him and he openly said the World Cup affected his confidence.

I kept showing stats though that showed he was at a top club before most of the world’s top strikers over the last 10-15 years were and that they just needed to be more patient and let him develop more over the next two or three years.

What he also wasn’t getting was an extended run in the team. He’s getting that now and getting into a rhythm. He was in-and-out of the team for ages and in-and-our of form and low on confidence.

He’s not quite at the level of performances from the time he had an extended run in the team last season and he’s certainly not got that full confidence level like then neither. He went backwards a little bit but he’s got a few years in him before we judge how good he is going to be. Let’s hope this upwards trend keeps on going!

So yet again, he scores a bagful, and as soon as Sergio is available, he's back on the bench as an unused sub.

Aguero wasn't at his best today, so it's not that that is keeping GJ out, don't say he's rested for Wednesday, because I'm fairly sure I could play that game and we'd still go through.

What does the poor lad have to do to get a meaningful game?

So yet again, he scores a bagful, and as soon as Sergio is available, he's back on the bench as an unused sub.

Aguero wasn't at his best today, so it's not that that is keeping GJ out, don't say he's rested for Wednesday, because I'm fairly sure I could play that game and we'd still go through.

It's called having both strikers playing and firing,no good having one getting rusty on the bench is there

Could have easily given them both time today, 60+30.
What would be the point of that when sergio needs minutes to shake off the flu? we play with one striker and today it was midfield that needed changing,one of them will have to play the cup games,play one whilst the other one rests before the very busy spell coming up,it's good management

When we play with one striker and have Arsenal and Chelsea to come, we need Sergio at full pelt. He has to stay sharp because he is a proven goalscorer in big games whereas Jesus is not at that level yet. I expect Jesus to play Wed and maybe against Newcastle away. Sergio against Burnley and then Arsenal and Chelsea. Both will get plenty of game time going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.