Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it difficult to be too harsh when appraising any Gabby performance.Even in games like last night,where much of his play didn't quite come off,he still provides moments of quality and class.

More importantly,he never,ever,stops trying and i'll always back a player that leaves everything on the pitch.

One day soon,everything will click into place with this guy and people will wonder why they ever doubted him.
Exactly.there is soooh much more to come from this lad. That chip at the end, as good as it was...still not a patch on the even more audacious one he scored for Brazil a couple of years back,WC qualifier away from home,defensive mix up,Jesus nips in and lobs the ball high up and over the keeper and into the net.....breath taking peice of skill from a teenager,18 y r old at the time i think,playing No.9 for Brazil away from home at international level.
This lad is the real deal.He,s not even started yet Blues.

In spite of a hat trick tonight including a well taken chip at the end, he’s just not clinical enough for me. I don’t believe he’s the long term Sergio replacement; we’ll need someone else for that.

Just a little after thought whilst this narrative continues with the kid...

Aguero in his first 68 games scored 38 goals, compared to that of gabby who has hit 29 in 68 and has considerably more bench time. He is also 2 years younger with less experience of European football, has a higher assist ratio and more of a ‘team player’ than Kun was at the same age...

Again, if we delve a little deeper we can see he’s being managed perfectly and his stats are only a few off the prems greatest ever striker... I’d be salivating not looking for shortcomings!

He has so much composure and although he took too long with his first one v one he made up for it with that delightful finish for his third goal. His link up play was brilliant. The run and flick to Bernardo who could just take one touch and shoot was a great exanple of what he brings to the team.

He works his arse off and is so young still with huge room for improvement. Despite the barron spell before last night, the evidence is there that he can be an incredible player for us and his goal ratio will get better over the next couple of seasons. By the time he is 24 I think he will be ready to replace Aguero, he just needs time, like our other young players, to develop and improve.

Just a little after thought whilst this narrative continues with the kid...

Aguero in his first 68 games scored 38 goals, compared to that of gabby who has hit 29 in 68 and has considerably more bench time. He is also 2 years younger with less experience of European football, has a higher assist ratio and more of a ‘team player’ than Kun was at the same age...

Again, if we delve a little deeper we can see he’s being managed perfectly and his stats are only a few off the prems greatest ever striker... I’d be salivating not looking for shortcomings!
I hope you're right and I'm wrong and I'll happily take it all back if he proves me wrong over the next year.
I'm comparing him to Leroy Sane who was signed at the same time. I know he's a year younger but a year ago Sane was way ahead of where Jesus is now in my opinion.
A few months ago there were people saying that we should let Aguero leave because Jesus should be first choice. He was way off Aguero then and hasn't closed the gap since imo.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong and I'll happily take it all back if he proves me wrong over the next year.
I'm comparing him to Leroy Sane who was signed at the same time. I know he's a year younger but a year ago Sane was way ahead of where Jesus is now in my opinion.
A few months ago there were people saying that we should let Aguero leave because Jesus should be first choice. He was way off Aguero then and hasn't closed the gap since imo.

He hasn’t been afforded the chance, Kun came back firing after the World Cup and has been virtually a certain starter every week, however, the last couple of games he’s been looking leggy..... isn’t it nice that we can look at sane, Sterling and Jesus and think we have 3 of the best kids in Europe??? All under 24, no way near their peaks, performing at a level already that is above their peers...

Jesus is our future number 9 and if he stays here anywhere near the length Kun has, he’ll run his records very close....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.