Gabriel Jesus back in training (page 77)

To be honest, in the long run, it might not be so bad if he is out for 3 months.

He can get to know the club more. Backroom staff and people who run the club. Get settled in at home and sort his home life out in Manchester. Learn more English. All without the pressures of training and first team football.

Every cloud and all...
Firstly he probably will spend a few weeks back home in Brazil. Secondly and more importantly in the long run we are all fucked!!!

So broken toes aren't a symptom of being injury prone?

I might be wrong in saying this but the bones in human feet are surprisingly fragile. There's some 'fact' that on average you break a toe seven or so times a year. I reckon that's bullshit but it's easily possible to fracture a bone without even realising it.

It's not "broken toes", it's a broken toe. If he ends his career at twenty with digits like bonsai trees then you'll have a point.

in a good way (if there is any good from a injury) it happens now and not in the next 2 seasons when the team will be built around him yes this squad will miss him but pep built a squad this season without him but its the injury curse that hits manchester city and we hold our breath every time. we have seen to many times before a good young talent getting held back with a injury after hitting the ground running

but i have a feeling this is not like 10 to 15 years ago and out for 3 to 4 mouths the team of medics we have today can really do magic but we must never rush him back we will see him again this season and the 2 week break next week and the international break in march will mean not much game time will be lost

Journalists looking for an angle on the story i.e trying to link which metatarsal has been injured to recovery time - probably depends more on whether surgery is opted for or not.

The most important thing is that Jesus makes a full recovery from this. He's already shown he is a special talent so a short reprieve for our rivals. If I were City, I'd get this sorted asap. As soon as its done, he can think positive thoughts.

I wouldn't like to be City's next opponents. If he was my friend, I'd make sure we won the next game and give him a target to get back for.

His arrival makes the season more meaningful, it was like the born of new star and then he suddenly out till the end of the season :( .

We didn't have enough of him yet.

Hopefully he will recover well and get back stronger.

So broken toes aren't a symptom of being injury prone? You can be injury prone and have all kinds of different injuries. That's the point. Hopefully he comes back and is fine but it's not a promising start. Either way time will tell.
I think you mean accident prone mate.

Well we're about to find out if our improved form is down to the lift he gave us or the players adapting to Pep's demands a bit better. Hopefully more the latter as it also corresponded with Sane returning, Willy in nets and Pep ditching 3 at the back.

I will tell you up front at least 50% of the upturn is due to GJ directly i.e his goals and assists and indirectly his positive impact on morale in the squad. I would say that his injury will lead to a 30% decrease in performance over the next 3 months.
Now others could fill that gap but I'm not sure they will be able to.

Feel sorry jesus, he was just getting into his groove. Some time off might actually do him some good because he has played a lot of football in the past year.
Chelsea still only have one injury that being john terry, jammy bastards.
That was my thought too. Luck separates success from failure. Remember when we won the league under Mancini, I think Kompany played about 37 league games.

From the BBC

"Full return to action can be anything from another four weeks (from 4 weeks rest) and upwards - depending on the extent of initial damage. Young bones heal quicker."

So on a positive side 8 weeks and if he's a quick healer (didn't he recover from a hamstring tweak in about a week before xmas?) and with oxygen tank healing, it could be as little as 5/6 weeks. With FA cup and international break in between, may not be as catastrophic as people think. Still shit though granted. Was beginning to feel excited about watching footy again then this happens and that cnut Taylor appointed ref. Bugger

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.