Gabriel Jesus (injury concern)

Cleaned out the big nose rag a few times last season, was the only player to give it back to the Arse in the semi final, maybe you're suffering from a dose of confirmation bias there?

Not at all, there's every chance I could have forgotten. I'll have to see if I can rewatch the games later. Even so, they're not cases of single players over multiple games.

You still think that?

Yes

He's more seriously injured than first thought but I see the students with degrees in hindsight are now out in force ;-(

The pint I was making Jim is that it was a challenge and I would find it hard to believe that there was any intent whatsoever on Ota's part FFS

The extent of the injury had no bearing on my opinion on the challenge

Yes

He's more seriously injured than first thought and I see the students with degrees in hindsight are now out in force ;-(

The point I was making Jim (poorly it transpires) is that it was a challenge and I would find it hard to believe that there was any intent whatsoever on Ota's part FFS

The extent of the injury had no bearing on my opinion on the challenge and I stand by my original opinion that it was an accident

Absolutely spot on. I'd be a bit pissed with my mate if he kept kicking me in a five aside game, but I'd get over it. If he then broke my fucking eye socket in the next one right at the end of the game after telling to chill out last time i'd be livid.

While I kind of agree, just because they are both City players doesn't mean they have to be friends. Although from a professional point of view it is a bit like shredding your colleague's work to the detriment of the company.

The only saving grace here is that hopefully it will have no impact on City

Yes

He's more seriously injured than first thought but I see the students with degrees in hindsight are now out in force ;-(

The pint I was making Jim is that it was a challenge and I would find it hard to believe that there was any intent whatsoever on Ota's part FFS

The extent of the injury had no bearing on my opinion on the challenge
Fair enough; we'll have to agree to differ. Yes; it wasn't the most malicious challenge you'll ever see. Far from it. But it's the context in which it was made. Now we all know that Brazil and Argentina will never be lovey dovey neighbours. But it was the last few minutes of a relatively meaningless friendly. Why go in with any sort of overly physical challenge? Specially on a club mate. There was no need for it. In my opinion. Hopefully, Gabe will be fully mended for the new season.

Sorry but for me it was nothing more than accidental and shit happens.I`m not disputing he caught him but for people to claim it was deliberate .. well.
If that is aimed at me Oakie, I've never made any claim of intent; read my post again. I thought it was an overphysical challenge in a (in the wider picture) nothing game. That's what's pissed me off. If Rojo had made that challenge, this place would have had a RAWK-scale meltdoown.

Broken eye socket. Long term we need Jesus more than Otto. Deliberate or not in my world of zero risk and tolerance Otto now needs shipping out. As good as he is he is not that special that we can risk 'afters' and issues at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.