Gabriel Jesus (injury concern)

He was physical, Gab got hurt, shit happens. It wasn't like he deliberately set out to injure him, he just made sure he followed through on the challenge, nothing wrong with that.

Go watch Keane's tackle on AIH if you want to know what going out to injure someone deliberately looks like.

I think Keane gave the game away by standing over AIH after the tackle and saying have some of that you fucking wanker.

Like comparing a bit of peat with a diamond, there is a lot in between. Sebastian Blue was spot on for me , don't risk issues get rid of Otto.

You do like shipping out our centre halfs. Don't you?Not long ago it was vinny, now otamendi. We are not blessed in that department you know.

If you can find a post of mine in the last 9 years that suggested getting rid of Vinny you are on a free all beer you can drink in a night in Town.

I think Keane gave the game away by standing over AIH after the tackle and saying have some of that you fucking wanker.

Like comparing a bit of peat with a diamond, there is a lot in between. Sebastian Blue was spot on for me , don't risk issues get rid of Otto.
He needs to reel it in,ffs no need to get rid of him not saying it was right either..

He showed intelligence, he knows GJ has him in a one-on-one if he plays fair so he stopped it ever getting to that stage. That's called defending, we should have more players willing to do it than just Aleks, Nico, Silva, Vinny and Dinho.
If this was a meaningful game, he wasn't continually hacking at a club teammate, and he didn't take it to the last minute with an overly aggressive challenge that would have gotten him a yellow (or a second, knowing Nico) in a PL match, I might agree.

Your version of intelligence is extremely specific or very broad, I can't decided which. Either way, I've played in defence my entire life—and know the dark arts very well—but I still think the body evidence (not just that incident that actually injured Jesus) is sufficient to support the assertion that Nico has been at least less than intelligent when it comes to his play against Jesus.

Again, as @jimharri said, if Rojo had made all those hacks on Jesus, and ultimately hurt him, this place would riot. There'd be no mention of him "playing intelligently".

If that is aimed at me Oakie, I've never made any claim of intent; read my post again. I thought it was an overphysical challenge in a (in the wider picture) nothing game. That's what's pissed me off. If Rojo had made that challenge, this place would have had a RAWK-scale meltdoown.
No mate it certainly wasn`t aimed at you,but its just my opinion that it didn`t appear to be malicious,probably more carelessness.However I tend to agree with you,had it been Rojo would have been hung,drawn and quartered,but I would have still said the same.Honestly mate.

Talk about OTT reaction

I really should try and win this header but Gabby is my club teammate so I won't bother in case I accidentally hurt him

Not according to 93:20. Go through him, side slam the knee (as Kean on AIH) take him out at any cost.

It was a Derby and they were all playing to win.

Nothing wrong with how Otamendi played and the elbow was an accident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.