Gabriel Jesus (injury concern)

If that is aimed at me Oakie, I've never made any claim of intent; read my post again. I thought it was an overphysical challenge in a (in the wider picture) nothing game. That's what's pissed me off. If Rojo had made that challenge, this place would have had a RAWK-scale meltdoown.
If Rojo had made all of the challenges Nico had on Jesus in that "friendly" people would be calling for the police to open an inquiry.

People seem to be taking the incident in isolation rather than a body of evidence from that and their previous matches.

Broken eye socket. Long term we need Jesus more than Otto. Deliberate or not in my world of zero risk and tolerance Otto now needs shipping out. As good as he is he is not that special that we can risk 'afters' and issues at the club.
Yeah let's sign a bunch of soft defenders that'll give opposition players a clear run because they've some connection to them, great thinking.

Yeah let's sign a bunch of soft defenders that'll give opposition players a clear run because they've some connection to them, great thinking.
Yeah agree with this,but on the other hand he needs to have a word with himself no harm in being physical but ffs in a friendly taking out your own teammate,I like Otto think he's had a decent season,but if he's doing this in a friendly what happens if it's a crucial league or cup final game ..

Could you explain your desire/suggestion that we should abandon the idea of buying one or two decent defenders to buy "soft ones".

Better yet, let's sign defenders that have no intelligence whatsoever and will hack at their teammates for 90 minutes of a meaningless friendly and ultimately injure them for no reason other than appearing "hard-working".

The fact that Nico didn't injure Jesus earlier in that match (or in their previous game) was more "there by the grace of god" than any sane choice. He may not have meant to hurt him the 10 or 15 times he went flying in during those matches (at least one garnering a yellow card and a "calm down" from Dinho) but, just like in law, at some point it goes from unintentional action to negligent recklessness.

Broken eye socket. Long term we need Jesus more than Otto. Deliberate or not in my world of zero risk and tolerance Otto now needs shipping out. As good as he is he is not that special that we can risk 'afters' and issues at the club.

You do like shipping out our centre halfs. Don't you?Not long ago it was vinny, now otamendi. We are not blessed in that department you know.

The fact that Nico didn't injure Jesus earlier in that match (or in their previous game) was more "there by the grace of god" than any sane choice. He may not have meant to hurt him the 10 or 15 times he went flying in during those matches (at least one garnering a yellow card and a "calm down" from Dinho) but, just like in law, at some point it goes from unintentional action to negligent recklessness.[/QUOTE]

It's difficult to understand how any true blue could argue with this but no doubt some will.

Yeah agree with this,but on the other hand he needs to have a word with himself no harm in being physical but ffs in a friendly taking out your own teammate,I like Otto think he's had a decent season,but if he's doing this in a friendly what happens if it's a crucial league or cup final game ..
He was physical, Gab got hurt, shit happens. It wasn't like he deliberately set out to injure him, he just made sure he followed through on the challenge, nothing wrong with that.

Go watch Keane's tackle on AIH if you want to know what going out to injure someone deliberately looks like.

Better yet, let's sign defenders that have no intelligence whatsoever and will hack at their teammates for 90 minutes of a meaningless friendly and ultimately injure them for no reason other than appearing "hard-working".

The fact that Nico didn't injure Jesus earlier in that match (or in their previous game) was more "there by the grace of god" than any sane choice. He may not have meant to hurt him the 10 or 15 times he went flying in during those matches (at least one garnering a yellow card and a "calm down" from Dinho) but, just like in law, at some point it goes from unintentional action to negligent recklessness.
He showed intelligence, he knows GJ has him in a one-on-one if he plays fair so he stopped it ever getting to that stage. That's called defending, we should have more players willing to do it than just Aleks, Nico, Silva, Vinny and Dinho.

He was physical, Gab got hurt, shit happens. It wasn't like he deliberately set out to injure him, he just made sure he followed through on the challenge, nothing wrong with that.

Go watch Keane's tackle on AIH if you want to know what going out to injure someone deliberately looks like.
I know mate,but even though it's a Derby game as such,he could have reeled it in,just seems to have these moments in games,I'm more concerned as posted above he does similar in a crucial game the old rush of blood to the head,although to be fair so could any of the players I suppose..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.