Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put that rumoured arsenal contract offer in context it is the same as they were paying Lacazette who has just been released. Hence very affordable. (Cant believe lacazette was earning that much)

Hence wages is covered already.

If they truly want him we should be driving an extremely difficult deal on the fee. They must sign a striker and a good one to take them up from 5th. Good luck to them finding a prem proven or top 5 league winning striker for less

Agree and a player who is willing to go to a team who don’t have champs league after playing in it since he came here.

At the beginning of the season there was a load of talk about him only wanting to play on the right, but lately I've seen that he's wanting to play regularly as a 9, do we actually have any info on what it is he wants?

I love Gabby and would like to find a way for him to stay. But if he wants to play on the right then he's competing with established wingers like Mahrez and Sterling (assuming neither leaves) plus upcoming talents like Palmer and Alvarez. Not to mention that Foden can probably expect to get some minutes there too, and midfielders like Bernardo and KDB have played wider before and could cover that position if need be.

Gabby would be far from last choice, but still - we have the right wing covered with probably too many options considering our issues in other areas of the pitch.

Up front would be more straightforward, but it seems he'd always be second choice to Haaland, and Alvarez would be pushing for minutes too.

So I get why he might want to leave for the promise of more game-time and as good as he's been for us and as much affection as the club and fans have for him, I think we can afford to lose him without directly replacing him, and use the money to strengthen elsewhere on the pitch.

If he goes, it'll be with best wishes and no hard feelings. I'd rather he went abroad so we're less likely to come up against him, but I understand why he might want to go and work with Arteta again, and if the money's right I wouldn't begrudge him the move to Arsenal.

We should offer him more than Arsenal's wage to stay and fight for his position for another couple of years at least.

Haaland>Kun
Felix>Gabby
Alvarez>sterling

If sterling doesn't leave we dont sign felix. Seems a pretty straightforward assessment.
Not sure how you can put Alvarez a player with bags of potential that might yet flop in europe as better than Sterling who has proved himself time and again to be one of the best players england has. i know its all about opinions but for me, Sterling is class on every level.

Not sure how you can put Alvarez a player with bags of potential that might yet flop in europe as better than Sterling who has proved himself time and again to be one of the best players england has. i know its all about opinions but for me, Sterling is class on every level.
Not sure how you dont read the qoute i was replying to first...sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.