Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll miss him if he goes. The non stop movement, pressing and he does score some important goals. If him, Sterling and Bernardo go (I really hope not), the energy levels will be a lot less. We'll have to replace with similar players and it will cost us a lot. We can't afford to let him go cheaply.

68 games that's the goal, using 16 players in a game is gong to be a god send. This isn't FIFA 22, players get injured and need to be rested, in a game and from game to game.
We can only play 64 next season, so not much more than the 58 we played this season, and our attackers got plenty of rest.

The main attacking players had between 2570 (Jesus) and 3180 minutes (Foden) and already Phil was only the 8th most used player. Jesus and Sterling were not happy with game time, and Mahrez and Grealish were described as bench players regularly.

We've added in 2 new attackers, including one who will be expected to go straight into the starting 11, and they're replacing Torres, who played 500 minutes last season.

Even if we play more games, we have enough attackers for three rotating front lines. No-one needs rotating that much, and using the 5 sub rule to give them 10-20 minutes here and there isn't going to placate anyone.

It doesn't matter if he wont sign a contract either. People need to stop looking so much at what Arsenal might be thinking and start thinking of what City are likely thinking. City will be fine if we don't sell him for a start. So Arsenal aren't in the driving seat after all. Also, as much as I'm sure the club want Jesus to be happy and get what he wants, they aren't stupid and they aren't a charity.

City aren't going to have their pants pulled down by a PL rival on the asking price. Certainly not one who were one of the most prominent of the hateful 8 to boot(didn't that letter to UEFA have an Arsenal letter head if I remember right?). Why would City do that whilst Arsenal get to strengthen themselves off the back of it? Also I'm almost certain he would strengthen them. Especially after factoring Arteta's relationship with him. The benefits would like go both ways. Jesus gets to go to a coach that understands him as a player and person, whilst getting more game time. Arteta gets a player who probably knows the way Arteta wants his team to play better than anyone in his current squad.

I had a concern that they might try and buy both Jesus and Sterling because that would really give Arteta a leg up IMO. At least that's looking off the cards.
City are thinking we have a lad here who has done well by us, has seemingly asked to move on so he can be a starter in a world cup year and doesn't want to sign a new contract.

City are in the driving seat because they own the rights to the player yeah but we have proven on several occasions that we will do well by the player if its all amicable which this looks like it is from both sides. We aren't going to force him to stay and get nothing in 12mths, not happening.

If you really think this shite about the hateful 8 is going to get in the way of business you are mistaken.

I really wouldn't be arsed about strengthening Arsenal, we aren't exactly fighting them for top 4 are we. Spuds and Chelsea should be the ones concerned if Arsenal add a new forward.

We can only play 64 next season, so not much more than the 58 we played this season, and our attackers got plenty of rest.

The main attacking players had between 2570 (Jesus) and 3180 minutes (Foden) and already Phil was only the 8th most used player. Jesus and Sterling were not happy with game time, and Mahrez and Grealish were described as bench players regularly.

We've added in 2 new attackers, including one who will be expected to go straight into the starting 11, and they're replacing Torres, who played 500 minutes last season.

Even if we play more games, we have enough attackers for three rotating front lines. No-one needs rotating that much, and using the 5 sub rule to give them 10-20 minutes here and there isn't going to placate anyone.

Next season, but the aim is to win 7 trophies in a season
My bad its 67
Charity Shield 1
European super cup 1
epl 38
Champs league 13
Carabo 6
FA Cup 6
WCC 2

And we were running out of fit players last season, being able to start with any three of Erling, Gabby, Jesus, Phil, Alvarez, Jack and Riyad and still being able two bring of them on for the last 30 mins, while still having three subs left, will be awesome.

Yes, for 2 that moved on.
In the last two seasons Aguero and Silva have left.

But Torres came and then left, Foden went from bit part to the attacker with the most minutes, and we bought Grealish. Add in Cole Palmer coming through and we have pretty much 3 in and 3 out.

Add in Alvarez and Haaland and we're 2 players up on 19/20.

Next season, but the aim is to win 7 trophies in a season
My bad its 67
Charity Shield 1
European super cup 1
epl 38
Champs league 13
Carabo 6
FA Cup 6
WCC 2

And we were running out of fit players last season, being able to start with any three of Erling, Gabby, Jesus, Phil, Alvarez, Jack and Riyad and still being able two bring of them on for the last 30 mins, while still having three subs left, will be awesome.
I understood where you had got the extra games from, but Pep has been very clear that he doesn't want a big squad.

There are always complaints about us not using kids in easy cup games, but he's been clear that the first team players need to play the right amount of football to be ready. Not too much, but also not too little. If we play every possible game this season, then the average minutes for those 7 will be less than ANY of them played this year, and that's without Cole Palmer getting on the pitch. There's no way they'll be happy, it changes the dynamic of the squad and goes against pretty much everything Pep has said about squad size, happy faces and balancing players loads.

We'll miss him if he goes. The non stop movement, pressing and he does score some important goals. If him, Sterling and Bernardo go (I really hope not), the energy levels will be a lot less. We'll have to replace with similar players and it will cost us a lot. We can't afford to let him go cheaply.
He'll go fairly cheaply, it's what we do.
Personally i wish he would stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.