Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt Palmer is one anyone can expect in any meaningful capacity, as early as next season. We are light as it is with forwards. Havent replaced torres or aguero, seeing the season out 2 players down. If Jesus were to leave, although we have a fair few attacking midfielders that can play across the pitch, I would feel we would still be light. But we'd be ok too, given the quality and flexibility, assuming thise two arrive. I imagine Pep would get another winger in myself. Not yet convinced Jesus would be sold though.
I think they will consider Palmer a first-team player next year. He has shown enough progress this season. Next year will be mcatee’s year to show he is ready to progress to the first-team.

Cole Palmer will be in the mix too and will feature more next season.

We've got more than enough in the front line with Foden, Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez, Sterling, Mahrez and Palmer.

The issue is if Sterling wants to leave too. We would need to look at a replacement then definitely.

See above, I disagree on Palmer.

Don't entirely agree on being more than enough, but certainly not a worry either.

If Jesus does leave, I hope he does better than Arsenal, he deserves better. Ac Milan would be better for him, as both a club and league imo.

Cole Palmer will be in the mix too and will feature more next season.

We've got more than enough in the front line with Foden, Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez, Sterling, Mahrez and Palmer.

The issue is if Sterling wants to leave too. We would need to look at a replacement then definitely.
Blue oli (someone TH knows) has hinted that big names will come and a big name will leave. Maybe Sterling is closer to leave than we know.

Were used to Henry, RVP, Sanchez, PEA type quality upfront. Strikers who you can count on to hit 20 plus league goals.

Dont think Gabriel Jesus is capable of scoring 20+ goals a year. Id rather trial Martinelli upfront

I think you're mistaken.

If you look at his minutes his goalscoring record suggests if he started most games then he'd comfortably hit 20+ goals.

The Martinelli comparison is a bit of an insult to Jesus to be blunt. I like Martinelli but let's be real, he's had one decent season.

You're not going to sign anyone of the standard of Henry are you, come on, it's a different world.

The question should be would Jesus improve Arsenal? I think it's a strong yes.

I think they will consider Palmer a first-team player next year. He has shown enough progress this season. Next year will be mcatee’s year to show he is ready to progress to the first-team.

Not just for you this one, but what on earth are people basing this wishful assumption that Palmer will have a meaningful role next season, let alone be a first team player? What's he had, like two appearances? He looks talented, without a doubt, but a first team and a replacement to Jesus? Wishful thinking. Like claiming Delap is a first team option even as far back as last season.

Not just for you this one, but what on earth are people basing this wishful assumption that Palmer will have a meaningful role next season, let alone be a first team player? What's he had, like two appearances? He looks talented, without a doubt, but a first team and a replacement to Jesus? Wishful thinking. Like claiming Delap is a first team option even as far back as last season.
Just based on what they’ve said. I have no clue if they actually mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.