Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally if I were a footballer and in order to defend my performances people could only bring up a game from 2 years ago I'd start wondering what I've been doing for the past 2 years
Considering he’s been our best forward in his last two starts which have been against the other best team in Europe, I’m not sure why you’re on about.

A year hasnt passed since PEA left. You can trace the PEA-Sanchez-RVP-Henry trajectory going back to 1999.

We have always had a brilliant front man

I dont see why we should settle on Gabriel Jesus now
Er, because you’re a top 6 team....and not top 4 (yet)....also, you’d be lucky to get him, many blues, me included wouldn’t like to see him leave because what Arsenal lack (work ethic) he has in spades.

Er, because you’re a top 6 team....and not top 4 (yet)....also, you’d be lucky to get him, many blues, me included wouldn’t like to see him leave because what Arsenal lack (work ethic) he has in spades.

I understand he would improve as given we have Lacazette and Nketiah. Lacazette's fall in form has been spectacular, its almost incredible how bad he has got, whilst Nketiah is a bottom half of the table quality striker. The point im making is I feel there are alternate options, Calvert Lewin for one. We actually bid 55m for Vlahavoc in the January window but he had his heart set on Juventus. So we will be in for a striker and will be prepared to pay up. So if we were to bid for Gabriel it wont be to be the main man. Likely as a player to play across the front thee.

For 30m it can work. But we would also need to sign a second striker to compete with him. Unlike this sentiment that if we were to sign him the red carpet would be rolled out, and that we Arsenal fans would be shitting out pants with excitement having signed Gabriel Jesus. Were not talking Sergio Aguero here

Think Jesus would do better in a Conti team or in Italy where he is the main man playing every game knowing he is the main man.

A year hasnt passed since PEA left. You can trace the PEA-Sanchez-RVP-Henry trajectory going back to 1999.

We have always had a brilliant front man

I dont see why we should settle on Gabriel Jesus now

Who are the other options that will continue the trajectory you mention?

You've mentioned Isak before, is he really at that level?

Look at the level these players were when they signed. Henry joined having been playing on the wing for Juventus and not breaking into their team. RVP joined after 3 seasons at Feyenoord. Sanchez was a Barca reject. They all grew into the players they became. Aubameyang is the only one who had CL pedigree and he's the worst of the lot.

"Settling" for Jesus? Remember you're talking about the first choice striker for Brazil here.

I'd forgotten how arrogant and entitled Arsenal fans are cos we've not had to pay attention to you for nearly 10 years now.

See above, I disagree on Palmer.

Don't entirely agree on being more than enough, but certainly not a worry either.

If Jesus does leave, I hope he does better than Arsenal, he deserves better. Ac Milan would be better for him, as both a club and league imo.
Bookmark this, but Cole will be a regular first team player next season. Has all the attributes to go to the very top.

Who are the other options that will continue the trajectory you mention?

You've mentioned Isak before, is he really at that level?

Look at the level these players were when they signed. Henry joined having been playing on the wing for Juventus and not breaking into their team. RVP joined after 3 seasons at Feyenoord. Sanchez was a Barca reject. They all grew into the players they became. Aubameyang is the only one who had CL pedigree and he's the worst of the lot.

"Settling" for Jesus? Remember you're talking about the first choice striker for Brazil here.

I'd forgotten how arrogant and entitled Arsenal fans are cos we've not had to pay attention to you for nearly 10 years now.
We have won FA Cups at your expense. Were totally irrelevant:)

And your right, were not going to go and sign a next level striker. Martinelli down the middle is the topic of discussion at Arsenal. Can he follow up the footsteps of Henry and RVP and make the conversion form wide player to striker. I really hope Arteta explores that avenue.

Haven't been his biggest fan but feel Jesus could be a bit of a late developer. He's bulked up a lot since he joined & has thighs like Seedorf now but still lacks physical presence centrally, too often goes over easily with eyebrows furrowed at the ref looking for a cheap foul. We saw glimpses of him bullying full backs at the start of the season, if he can learn to throw his weight around better wouldn't be surprised to see him rip it up somewhere like Juve (or Arsenal) and us getting laughed at for selling for 22m + add ons.

Him and Rajeev would benefit hugely playing off someone like Haarland where they're not expected to be the main finisher. Bit concerned as to who will give us energy and sharpness off the ball if we let them go, judging from his highlight vids this Alvarez chap is slower than Torres was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.