Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand he would improve as given we have Lacazette and Nketiah. Lacazette's fall in form has been spectacular, its almost incredible how bad he has got, whilst Nketiah is a bottom half of the table quality striker. The point im making is I feel there are alternate options, Calvert Lewin for one. We actually bid 55m for Vlahavoc in the January window but he had his heart set on Juventus. So we will be in for a striker and will be prepared to pay up. So if we were to bid for Gabriel it wont be to be the main man. Likely as a player to play across the front thee.

For 30m it can work. But we would also need to sign a second striker to compete with him. Unlike this sentiment that if we were to sign him the red carpet would be rolled out, and that we Arsenal fans would be shitting out pants with excitement having signed Gabriel Jesus. Were not talking Sergio Aguero here

This is what I mean about arrogance. "We're not talking Sergio Aguero". LOL.

There are maybe 5 forwards approaching that standard on the planet. Lewandowski, Benzema, Haaland, Mbappe, Salah. You seriously think they're going to sign for Arsenal at the moment?

I understand he would improve as given we have Lacazette and Nketiah. Lacazette's fall in form has been spectacular, its almost incredible how bad he has got, whilst Nketiah is a bottom half of the table quality striker. The point im making is I feel there are alternate options, Calvert Lewin for one. We actually bid 55m for Vlahavoc in the January window but he had his heart set on Juventus. So we will be in for a striker and will be prepared to pay up. So if we were to bid for Gabriel it wont be to be the main man. Likely as a player to play across the front thee.

For 30m it can work. But we would also need to sign a second striker to compete with him. Unlike this sentiment that if we were to sign him the red carpet would be rolled out, and that we Arsenal fans would be shitting out pants with excitement having signed Gabriel Jesus. Were not talking Sergio Aguero here
This is typical Rag mentality of signing star names

Gabby is a fantastic team player who gives everything and he scores goals

Look at how it ended with Aubameyang and Sanchez won’t you ever learn

Hope he stays away from your self entitled club

Not to worry they'll find another Pepe somewhere :)

Cole Palmer will be in the mix too and will feature more next season.

We've got more than enough in the front line with Foden, Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez, Sterling, Mahrez and Palmer.

The issue is if Sterling wants to leave too. We would need to look at a replacement then definitely.
Yes, if Sterling leaves as well then that changes things.

Probably going against some on here but personally I wouldn't mind seeing him sold. He doesn't score enough for a forward and sometimes can be very frustrating. Hasn't developed as much as I thought he would. I look at our attackers and he is comfortably the worst. Arsenal be a good fit for him I think, a couple of levels below us.

Doubt Palmer is one anyone can expect in any meaningful capacity, as early as next season. We are light as it is with forwards. Havent replaced torres or aguero, seeing the season out 2 players down. If Jesus were to leave, although we have a fair few attacking midfielders that can play across the pitch, I would feel we would still be light. But we'd be ok too, given the quality and flexibility, assuming thise two arrive. I imagine Pep would get another winger in myself. Not yet convinced Jesus would be sold though.
The way I see it,
Aguero - Haaland
Jesus - Alvarez
Torres - Palmer

Even then I think we'll need to move one of Foden Grealish to get more minutes in Midfield.

Let's not forget the majority of time Torres was with us we didn't really have Aguero who has in reality been gone for 2 seasons now.

The way I see it,
Aguero - Haaland
Jesus - Alvarez
Torres - Palmer

Even then I think we'll need to move one of Foden Grealish to get more minutes in Midfield.

Let's not forget the majority of time Torres was with us we didn't really have Aguero who has in reality been gone for 2 seasons now.
100% agree with this. As long as we keep Sterling and Mahrez we don't need to sign another player after Haaland/Alvarez come in and Jesus leaves. Palmer and McAtee are of a level to be able to make an impact in the squad.

Got to agree with you mate. Look at Arteta's signings so far, they were heavily criticised in the summer there, but he's been working to a plan of young players that fit a system rather than star names like the rags do.

Jesus might not be a top class finisher as of yet, but he is a hard working all round forward that can score goals. He'll know exactly the type of system Arteta is trying to play, and even if he is just another cog in making us a more cohesive pressing unit, then that will improve us from where we are currently.

@friendlygooner, I'm surprised you are turning you nose up to Jesus yet talk about DCL who has had an even worse season and will be double the price. I say that as someone who believes we might sign DCL as well as Jesus.

Palmer and McAtee are of a level to be able to make an impact in the squad.
I think there is a lot of wishful thinking in this. We (unfortunately) work with a small squad, so it depends on proven players to take up the roles. It’s very easy for us to come here and say “I think Palmer is ready!” (you can replace Palmer for McAtee, Delap and even Alvarez), but the reality is they are unproven, it is an entirely different story to think Pep will actually put as much faith without seeing them in action again and again. Maybe with another manager it would be a different story, or maybe if we had a larger squad. How many times in match day threads you saw frustration from people saying that in an easy game Pep should have used the youth more? It’s simple: You can’t expect a player unproven at top level to take a big role — even if you think they could be ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.