Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a lot of wishful thinking in this. We (unfortunately) work with a small squad, so it depends on proven players to take up the roles. It’s very easy for us to come here and say “I think Palmer is ready!” (you can replace Palmer for McAtee, Delap and even Alvarez), but the reality is they are unproven, it is an entirely different story to think Pep will actually put as much faith without seeing them in action again and again. Maybe with another manager it would be a different story, or maybe if we had a larger squad. How many times in match day threads you saw frustration from people saying that in an easy game Pep should have used the youth more? It’s simple: You can’t expect a player unproven at top level to take a big role — even if you think they could be ready
Lets say for the front 5 we have
Haaland, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB , Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden , Grealish as senior players, then Alvarez and Palmer.
Thats' 10 players for 5 positions, even without Mcatee. So I don't see any real space for another senior player to get enough minutes.

I just hope that if we do sell Jesus this summer we get a fair price for him even though he's entering the final 12 months of his contract.

I don't think the PL suits his game but I do think he'll become world class if he goes to a club in La Liga or Serie A and gets regular starts.

Never less than 100%. Works for the team. Will always be grateful for his goals at Soton for the 100 points, goals against Madrid, the dobber against Burnley he bent into the top corner....and the occasional shithousery when it was needed.
Sad to see him go, but I understand why.
If Mikel says he needs him, gooners should trust what he says. Just remember that the rags still haven't even started on the journey they are half way through.

I don't want him to go. I think he epitomises the correct spirit the club are trying to instill in our players. Humble, hardworking and happy to be doing something he loves. Give him another 3 years City. How many good players were allowed to leave our great club over the years and flourished elsewhere. Things will click for him one day & then he will explode. Keep going Gabriel. That finish against Southampton to give us 100 points was coolness personified.

Lets say for the front 5 we have
Haaland, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB , Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden , Grealish as senior players, then Alvarez and Palmer.
Thats' 10 players for 5 positions, even without Mcatee. So I don't see any real space for another senior player to get enough minutes.
I wouldn’t look at it by lumping 5 positions together like that. I also am expecting this to be the summer of refreshing the squad like Pep anticipated last summer and didn’t come about. It’s about time. Does Sterling leave, does Mahrez leave, does Gundogan leave… does Bernardo leave? We don’t know and the club would certainly try its best not to leak anything right now. There is certainly at least one slot for another senior forward with Jesus leaving, and that’s even with Pep’s small squad mentality

I think everyone benefits if he leaves to be honest. Solid player that hasn’t progressed to the exceptional player we hoped after the first 6 months. By all accounts doesnt want to play striker for us and hence not what we need going forward. Has felt toothless this year and actually has been on the fringes since Aguero won out in their battle a few years ago.

1 year left, take a £30-40m fee and reinvest it elsewhere. 100 point goal is a good legacy and still time in final month to leave an impact

I understand he would improve as given we have Lacazette and Nketiah. Lacazette's fall in form has been spectacular, its almost incredible how bad he has got, whilst Nketiah is a bottom half of the table quality striker. The point im making is I feel there are alternate options, Calvert Lewin for one. We actually bid 55m for Vlahavoc in the January window but he had his heart set on Juventus. So we will be in for a striker and will be prepared to pay up. So if we were to bid for Gabriel it wont be to be the main man. Likely as a player to play across the front thee.

For 30m it can work. But we would also need
We have won FA Cups at your expense. Were totally irrelevant:)

And your right, were not going to go and sign a next level striker. Martinelli down the middle is the topic of discussion at Arsenal. Can he follow up the footsteps of Henry and RVP and make the conversion form wide player to striker. I really hope Arteta explores that avenue.

Oh no, not the FA Cup! I stand corrected, Arsenal are truly at the same level and have the CL teams quaking in their boots.

You're welcome for Arteta btw. Hope it feels good that it took a City assistant manager to finally sort out that shambles for you. Pep managing two teams at once.

Nice guy etc etc but he’s not improved at all in four years and is nowhere near good enough for us.

A move to Arsenal is good for everyone involved.

He’s in the Kelechi bracket for me. Wish him nothing but the best and he’ll probably bag (or miss ;)) the odd goal to help us out in the future…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.