Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to ask yourself, who would pay 80-100m for Sterling? He will be 28 this year and if he signs a 3-4 year deal he will have no resale value to whoever buys him. Salah is 29 and Liverpool wont get 80-100m for Salah should he not sign a new deal, especially with one year to go on his contract, then lets face it no one is paying that for Sterling.
After the Euros Sterling was being quoted up to £160m…that’s not such a long time ago…

I understand everyone's feeling on all three of the players mentioned, however I believe the biggest obstacle on whoever stays and who goes, are the players themselves.

I personally don't want Mahrez to go anywhere, he has been one our most consistent players over the past two seasons.

It is a hard one, if there needs to be a choice between either Gabby or Sterling staying, as it appears that decision is in the players hands. Pep says Gabby has a new contract on the table, so he may be looking for a way to leave, especially if we do have two new strikers on the way.

It appears Sterling is happy to stay on, even if it is just to run his contract down, then he can pocket all proceeds on any future move.

However I feel neither of the two have been clinical enough for us over the past few seasons, yes Sterling has been up around our top scorers, but jeez he has missed a lot of sitters, the one from Saturday just adds to the list. Gabby has scored a few for us, but is averaging one in three games the dominance that we are expecting, with the amount of chances that our players create?

not a hope in hell we get anywhere near that for sterling.

1. He has 1 year left on his contract.
2. i dont get the impression he is in high demand and likewise that we are desperately wanting to hold onto him.
3. his wages will be a huge stumbling block
4. his finishing is dire
Summed up perfectly, he will more than likely stay on his current high wages and leave on a free.

I’m always sceptical of media transfer speculation but if you sign Haaland, it’s difficult to see what Gabriel Jesus’s future is at City given he doesn’t seem first choice at the moment
He can still get a lot of game time playing in the wings or as a second striker, especially if another player is sold, or if his form from last night remains consistent

I’m always sceptical of media transfer speculation but if you sign Haaland, it’s difficult to see what Gabriel Jesus’s future is at City given he doesn’t seem first choice at the moment
A Saka, Martinelli, Gabriel front thee looks fine on paper. ESR can play left, right and number 10, we should be in for Calvert Lewin, especially if Everton go down, all the while Odegaard in the hole and can also be backed up by ESR.

Our issue is we need two strikers. We cant go all in for Gabriel. 35m would be the high end, given we still need to outlay money for another striker, whether its Jovic or Calvert Lewin. If City want a taker im sure Arteta will put his hand up and make an offer. But its a cash deal only. No Martinelli, Saka, ESR swaps or anything like that.

It all depends on if City will accept a 30-35m offer. Because I reckon we need at least 6 players and I feel we will spend something similar to last season ( 100-120m), and we cant be spending half out budget on one player.

It appears Sterling is happy to stay on, even if it is just to run his contract down, then he can pocket all proceeds on any future move.

However I feel neither of the two have been clinical enough for us over the past few seasons, yes Sterling has been up around our top scorers, but jeez he has missed a lot of sitters, the one from Saturday just adds to the list. Gabby has scored a few for us, but is averaging one in three games the dominance that we are expecting, with the amount of chances that our players create?

Sterling doesn't create chances for others as much as he used to. And there's a clear pre and post Lyon difference with him.

Gabby works hard and is a team player. He's 9.5 everywhere you look except in finishing.

Would much rather keep him as a backup if he wants to stay than move him but it might be his choice to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.