Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think we should keep Jesus and cash in on Sterling
Jesus is more versatile and less likely to complain/strop
He always gives 100%
He is a proper team player and his attitude is outstanding
If we can get £80-100 million for Sterling I would definitely let him go once we have secured Haaland

I think that's a bit harsh on Sterling. Fair enough of you prefer to keep Jesus but Sterling's work ethic, attitude and temperament are as good as anyone's, including Jesus'. Also he's never injured which is a huge bonus.

Thought Jesus was superb yesterday & hopefully that was him saying I want to stay & fight. His work rate is never in doubt

We have to remember that he has missed plenty of chances just like the majority of our squad & as the saying goes one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Think Mahrez is more likely to start v Madrid on the right wing. if Gabby gets the chance to start in the no 9 position then he needs to take one of the few chances he'll get

He always gives 100%
If we can get £80-100 million for Sterling I would definitely let him go once we have secured Haaland
not a hope in hell we get anywhere near that for sterling.

1. He has 1 year left on his contract.
2. i dont get the impression he is in high demand and likewise that we are desperately wanting to hold onto him.
3. his wages will be a huge stumbling block
4. his finishing is dire

He always gives 100%
As far as I can see the intention is still to keep both, I think both will have offers of contracts on the table. If we get to the end of the season and they don’t want to extend ,then that’s when I think the club will decide on selling one or both of them.

not a hope in hell we get anywhere near that for sterling.

1. He has 1 year left on his contract.
2. i dont get the impression he is in high demand and likewise that we are desperately wanting to hold onto him.
3. his wages will be a huge stumbling block
4. his finishing is dire
If we win the premiership and CL it will definitely be near 100m
Currently estimated at 76.5m on transfer market
You’ll also note “if” in my original post
I wouldn’t let him walk away for low money

He always gives 100%

There is no way on earth that we would get £80-100 million for Sterling imo - especially as his contract ends in 2023.

I suspect he intends to run his contact down and the situation isn't really in our control. His current salary will also be an issue in any transfer dealings.

He always gives 100%
You need to ask yourself, who would pay 80-100m for Sterling? He will be 28 this year and if he signs a 3-4 year deal he will have no resale value to whoever buys him. Salah is 29 and Liverpool wont get 80-100m for Salah should he not sign a new deal, especially with one year to go on his contract, then lets face it no one is paying that for Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.