Gabriel Jesus joins Arsenal

Disappointing comments from Gabby. Similar to Zinchenko I hope both don't turn into another James Milner.

The comments posted earlier from Reddit paint the interview in a slightly different light so I'm not going to slag him off. His performance against Madrid where he just ran the entire left hand side was amazing as was his 100 point goal. Did enough for me at City to always be held in high regard.

Being disappointed not to play and then coming off the bench to score the winner is the kind of attitude I want in a player. Being happy to sit on the bench won't make you a big game player at City. For me it shows how tough it must be to play for Pep and you would be gutted to train all week in a position then find yourself not in the team. He was a young man so why wouldn't he ring his mum to express his disappointment? Would it be healthier if he was walking around punching walls and screaming at the kit man?

100% Pep is the greatest coach alive but he sets a high standard and probably says a bunch of stuff most normal people can't understand. I bet he's cheesed off every single City player at some point and especially if you're an emotional guy I reckon he's hard work

Didn't have him down as a whinging mard arse in truth. Still played a pivotal part in many trophy wins and of course was responsible for the centurions season so for that i will never turn on him and will always get a clap from me.

seems like arsenal might be a more fitting place for him than I thought. although I have to say I expect him, zinchenko and probably wven moreso, sterling are all absolutely fuming they left the year before we become treble winners and every player cements themselves into footballing history. Got to be a tough pill to swallow.

Good luck to him when he has a dry spell and their notoriously toxic fanbase decide he's the new prime target

It says a lot about Gabby that he's still bitter about not starting a match that not only did City win but that he came on and scored the winning goal. I wouldn't care if Pep started the EDS in the CL final if they won it was the right choice.

We have no idea of the personal, business, and often professional goings on behind the scenes of a football club…and for good reason.

Accordingly, I rarely take much of what any player, past or present, has to say about any of it personally, or as an affront to my club.

The classy thing to do is say nothing, but we all know that appears too difficult today.

It used to be that the door to the dressing room was a threshold across which no information exited.

Today, with social media and the 24/7/365 explosion of football interest, that’s clearly no longer the case.

However, it would be nice, every now and then…or even once… to hear a player say:

“I have greatly enjoyed my time here and, while I experienced many highs and even a few lows, I was paid well to do my best for the club and I tried my utmost to fulfill that promise. I have worked hard to be the best player, teammate and person I could be while representing the club, just as I will at my new club. Beyond that, I have too much respect for the people with, and for, whom I work to speak publicly about private matters. Thank you.”

“I have greatly enjoyed my time here and, while I experienced many highs and even a few lows, I was paid well to do my best for the club and I tried my utmost to fulfill that promise. I have worked hard to be the best player, teammate and person I could be while representing the club, just as I will at my new club. Beyond that, I have too much respect for the people with, and for, whom I work to speak publicly about private matters. Thank you.”
Yeah but how many clicks, likes and retweets is that going to generate ffs?

Excellent player but doesn't have the mental toughness to be considered an elite one, hence him being allowed to leave. Probably threatened to leave hoping we'd beg him to stay, we said off you pop so he's somewhat upset about it.

Didn’t he declare that he no longer wanted to be considered a central striker and wanted to be a left winger/attacker…..now he’s moaning about a game where he didn’t get played as a striker.

Think a few of the boys who have moved on in recent seasons are struggling with us finally winning the CL.

Mentality minions of AFC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.