Gabriel Jesus joins Arsenal

I didn’t get picked by Pep to start; or even make the bench. I kept my counsel and remained absolutely silent on the matter. A lesson that Gabby could do well to learn.

The headline has been so out of context as it doesn’t taken into account workload, performance, styles, injuries & Covid. We had Champs league, internationals & prem league games around this time but just to show how Pep was mixing it up.

3/11/21 club Bruges - false 9 Foden Won 4:1

6/11/21 Man Utd - false 9 DeBruyne won 2:0

21/11/21 Everton - false 9 Palmer won 3:0

24:11/21 PSG - false 9 Silva won 2:1

28/11/21 West Ham - false 9 Jesus won 2:1

Yeah, I feel the same. I still wish him all the best for what he helped us, and just the expand my thought, I don't see is there anything to criticize him for:

1. To be fair, is the decision to put Zinchenko at false nine a strange decision? Yes (I'm saying it's strange, I'm not saying it's bad). So if I were G.Jesus, would I feel disappointed? Well, I may not cry because I'm not at 20s anymore, but yes, I would feel disappointed. G.Jesus cried or not didn't really matter much. Actually, cried to his mom is much better than shouting at teammates or managers (like Ibrahimovic).
2. After that, did G.Jesus cause trouble in dressing room like Cancelo or Yaya Toure? No, he didn't.
3. And when Pep decided to play him, did he try his best to help the team? Yes, he did.

So, with all of that, he still respect him, wish him to get success in another club.
Have you seen the heat map for Zinny that game? He didn’t play as a false 9.
As well as what appears to be sour grapes, it sounds like his recollection of the game is incorrect. Add to that his refusal to acknowledge a crowd that were giving him a standing ovation as he left the field and you then can see why people have got a little cheesed off with his comments. I won’t boo the lad but he may have been ill advised to say what he’s said, especially after Arsenal’s capitulation.
A few folk have said he had a great season at Arsenal, that’s a stretch in my opinion. Eddie Nketia is a much better finisher and was playing really well when Gabby was injured.
Gabby went back into the team at the same time as their results floundered, he has since tried to blame it on Saliba’s absence, rather than his own inefficiency in front of goal.
He’s tarnished what was a steady career he had with us for the benefit of a few clicks.
Do your talking on the pitch lad, perhaps you might end up with more silverware but not with your current mentality.

Phil Goden is a significantly more gifted footballer than Gabriel Jesus, he doesn’t start in plenty of games (including the Champions League final), he doesn’t whinge about it and as far as I know he doesn’t burst into tears about it. I know which sort of reaction I prefer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.