Gabriel Jesus joins Arsenal

He was an excellent player for us always giving 100%. I would like to hear how the gradual exclusion from Brazil team influenced his decision to leave, because I am sure that played a significant role in his decision making . I was sorry to see him leaving, but realistically he would have been a bench player in this squad.

He was an excellent player for us always giving 100%. I would like to hear how the gradual exclusion from Brazil team influenced his decision to leave, because I am sure that played a significant role in his decision making . I was sorry to see him leaving, but realistically he would have been a bench player in this squad.
He only played 60 mins in the World Cup and that was in the last group game against Cameroon when Brazil had already topped the group. If I remember rightly he missed a couple of sitters and was pulled as Brazil were losing.

Tite the Brazil manager never rated him as a striker/winger and he was 6th or 7th choice even after his good early season Arsenal form.

Have you seen the heat map for Zinny that game? He didn’t play as a false 9.
As well as what appears to be sour grapes, it sounds like his recollection of the game is incorrect. Add to that his refusal to acknowledge a crowd that were giving him a standing ovation as he left the field and you then can see why people have got a little cheesed off with his comments. I won’t boo the lad but he may have been ill advised to say what he’s said, especially after Arsenal’s capitulation.
A few folk have said he had a great season at Arsenal, that’s a stretch in my opinion. Eddie Nketia is a much better finisher and was playing really well when Gabby was injured.
Gabby went back into the team at the same time as their results floundered, he has since tried to blame it on Saliba’s absence, rather than his own inefficiency in front of goal.
He’s tarnished what was a steady career he had with us for the benefit of a few clicks.
Do your talking on the pitch lad, perhaps you might end up with more silverware but not with your current mentality.
I’m with you on Zinny in that game. He played in midfield. Raheem played false nine. Also the claim that Gabby had an assist is tenuous and his goal was relatively straightforward. Also watched this video from ESPN. Folk can make their own minds up about wether his words were taken out of context.

What an odd video. I know we fans don’t know what goes on behind the scenes but I’m really surprised at Gabby here. He seems to have misunderstood what actually happened in the game. Obviously not intelligent enough to understand the manager’s plan.

I’ve said it before but boy, was he lucky to have played for us and Pep. He should be eternally grateful.

Last edited:
My memory may be faulty but didn't Jesus actually say that he wanted to be a wide attacker rather than a centre forward in the season after Aguero left? I thought that very weird at the time. He effectively had the chance to be the main striker for a team with assisters like KdB and turned it down in favour of playing as a wideman where we were already strong with Mahrez, Sterling, Foden etc.
That's exactly how I remember it too mate.

Crying not getting picked....left and won fuck all....pep wins us the treble. Pep over any player all day long....to get rid of our only recognised left back in January and to go on and lift 3 trophies is remarkable and can be questioned by nobody.

I’m with you on Zinny in that game. He played in midfield. Raheem played false nine. Also the claim that Gabby had an assist is tenuous and his goal was relatively straightforward. Also watched this video from ESPN. Folk can make their own minds up about wether his words were taken out of context.

Normally agree with most things Craig Burley says, but he is speaking shit here.

Just shows that Jesus was not mentally strong.

Kompany didn't cry, he battled his way back into the team which culminated in the Leicester goal and the Premier League. That is the difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.