Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many attacking midfielders do we need? we got some really awesome prospects in the acadamy which i rather see
um as many as we possibly can. we need to build depth similar to real and bayern. players get hurt every year.

also, this is not pep's a academy, he will start adding youth that he likes. whos to say out academy players are truly going to be stars? all we know is from youtube highlights and pro-man city reports on how well they are progressing. i love the fact we are after so many promising 18, 19 and 20 year olds.

Has anyone on here actually seen him play a full 90 minutes, or is it all based on YouTube compilations?!

um as many as we possibly can. we need to build depth similar to real and bayern. players get hurt every year.

also, this is not pep's a academy, he will start adding youth that he likes. whos to say out academy players are truly going to be stars? all we know is from youtube highlights and pro-man city reports on how well they are progressing. i love the fact we are after so many promising 18, 19 and 20 year olds.

Now I am all for getting in the most exciting youth players, but I'm not interested in us becoming a club which buys players out just to loan them and then flip them for a profit.

If we buy someone, I'd like to believe the club actually wants them to reach the first team, and them not making it would be a sign of failure, not the Chelsea way, where it's expected they never make it to the first team and if they do it's a massive surprise.

Currently for the front 3 positions we've got:
Older players - Nolito (29) - Aguero (28) - Navas (30)

Young players- Sterling(21) - Iheanacho(19) - Sané (19)

Loan Players - Moreno(19) - Unal (19) - Roberts (19)

EDS Players - Barker (19) - Nmecha (18) - Nemane/Buckley (18)

u18 Players - Sancho (16) ----- Diaz (16)

Ignoring the Older players, that's 11 players within 3 years of each other competing for 3 places in a team.

I assume if we're ponying up £26m+ to get this kid, then he'd go straight into the first team, and he might well be the next big thing and well worth the money. But where does it end? When do we stop accumulating players? Is Roberts ever going to get a chance in the first team, or is there going to be a £30m signing always ahead of him? Let alone the academy lads.

Has anyone on here actually seen him play a full 90 minutes, or is it all based on YouTube compilations?!
Yeah. Saw him at the U20s. Didn't think he stood out then. He's s YouTube suggests otherwise though. Someone above suggested he reminded him of the Real Ronaldo. Well tit seems thatposter was on to something as the real Ronaldo agrees.

In my mind there are many good looking young Brazilians. Gabriel is one of them, buy there are others I've seen who impress me more.

Yeah. Saw him at the U20s. Didn't think he stood out then. He's s YouTube suggests otherwise though. Someone above suggested he reminded him of the Real Ronaldo. Well tit seems thatposter was on to something as the real Ronaldo agrees.

In my mind there are many good looking young Brazilians. Gabriel is one of them, buy there are others I've seen who impress me more.

Fair enough, thanks mate. Don't think there's anything in the latest reports anyway.

I've not even seen him on YouTube never mind over 90 mins, but his name is just about foreign sounding enough to make it a yes from me..

Now I am all for getting in the most exciting youth players, but I'm not interested in us becoming a club which buys players out just to loan them and then flip them for a profit.

If we buy someone, I'd like to believe the club actually wants them to reach the first team, and them not making it would be a sign of failure, not the Chelsea way, where it's expected they never make it to the first team and if they do it's a massive surprise.

Currently for the front 3 positions we've got:
Older players - Nolito (29) - Aguero (28) - Navas (30)

Young players- Sterling(21) - Iheanacho(19) - Sané (19)

Loan Players - Moreno(19) - Unal (19) - Roberts (19)

EDS Players - Barker (19) - Nmecha (18) - Nemane/Buckley (18)

u18 Players - Sancho (16) ----- Diaz (16)

Ignoring the Older players, that's 11 players within 3 years of each other competing for 3 places in a team.

I assume if we're ponying up £26m+ to get this kid, then he'd go straight into the first team, and he might well be the next big thing and well worth the money. But where does it end? When do we stop accumulating players? Is Roberts ever going to get a chance in the first team, or is there going to be a £30m signing always ahead of him? Let alone the academy lads.

It's a good point your making. There are a few names on that list who I am convinced will never be good enough for City's first team no matter who is in front of them.

But I think the wider point that's relevant is all of the young talent we are already have and are linked with seem to be in similar positions. Attacking midfield players, wingers, number 10s. While they are often the most skillful, eye-catching and valuable players, we don't seem to be recruiting the same level of talent in central midfield or at the back, which is where the first team really lacks depth.

I've not even seen him on YouTube never mind over 90 mins, but his name is just about foreign sounding enough to make it a yes from me..

Boris-thumbs-up.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.