Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am all for getting in the most exciting youth players, but I'm not interested in us becoming a club which buys players out just to loan them and then flip them for a profit.

If we buy someone, I'd like to believe the club actually wants them to reach the first team, and them not making it would be a sign of failure, not the Chelsea way, where it's expected they never make it to the first team and if they do it's a massive surprise.

Currently for the front 3 positions we've got:
Older players - Nolito (29) - Aguero (28) - Navas (30)

Young players- Sterling(21) - Iheanacho(19) - Sané (19)

Loan Players - Moreno(19) - Unal (19) - Roberts (19)

EDS Players - Barker (19) - Nmecha (18) - Nemane/Buckley (18)

u18 Players - Sancho (16) ----- Diaz (16)

Ignoring the Older players, that's 11 players within 3 years of each other competing for 3 places in a team.

I assume if we're ponying up £26m+ to get this kid, then he'd go straight into the first team, and he might well be the next big thing and well worth the money. But where does it end? When do we stop accumulating players? Is Roberts ever going to get a chance in the first team, or is there going to be a £30m signing always ahead of him? Let alone the academy lads.
good breakdown. cant believe aguero is in the older players category. what a shame lol hes the reason im on this message board and a city fan (2011 copa america to City)

i believe that every purchase is made with the intent of having that player contribute on the first team, but we cannot wait around for players. I want to see the english messi lol make it to our first team as bad as anyone, but if roberts isnt going to get there then we cant wait around. there are plenty of 19 year olds contributing at clubs as big as us. Moreno & Gabriel in one window! wow can't say no to that.

good breakdown. cant believe aguero is in the older players category. what a shame lol hes the reason im on this message board and a city fan (2011 copa america to City)

i believe that every purchase is made with the intent of having that player contribute on the first team, but we cannot wait around for players. I want to see the english messi lol make it to our first team as bad as anyone, but if roberts isnt going to get there then we cant wait around. there are plenty of 19 year olds contributing at clubs as big as us. Moreno & Gabriel in one window! wow can't say no to that.
i completely agree with you, you cant pass on talent like gabriel and moreno if they want to play here, im all for giving the young players a chance but this isnt like they are 30 and we are signing them....if gabriel lives up to his potential he could be one of the best, on potential alone hes superior to most his age that we currently have

"The next Neymar" tag is stupid even he agrees he's not the next Neymar and his idol is Ronaldo, as I've said before he's not so much playing on the wings anymore, more as a second striker so he could be our ST signing but who knows when he would be in the team. He's stated currently he's def not leaving until end of his season(January) but could see himself staying longer, so who knows how it will all pan out.

I've been watching him since the previous season when he really started picking up this buzz, he's extremely hard working and dedicated to his development which is why I think the links to Barca and Madrid doesn't make sense bc he won't see that much game time. The Pep factor in his development may be able to convince him to join us over Inter bc who knows if Mancini has much time left there and a new manager might not fancy him. Pep could also give him the positional freedom to move around wing/ST based on tactics. A future of Gabriel Jesus/Sané/Moreno/Sterling/KDB/Gündogan could really exciting if/when it all clicks for years to come.

On what basis?
The fact you will be able to play with Sane and Gabriel Jesus on sides and not with navas and silve like u use to. Look at Munich, Real and Barcelona. Robben coman costa and ribery. Bale and Ronaldo. Messi And neymar.
For years we played with silva, nasri on the wings.Navas is not goos enough, so do sterling. Sane and Gabriel Jesus can be our WC wingers for the next 5+ years.

The fact you will be able to play with Sane and Gabriel Jesus on sides and not with navas and silve like u use to. Look at Munich, Real and Barcelona. Robben coman costa and ribery. Bale and Ronaldo. Messi And neymar.
For years we played with silva, nasri on the wings.Navas is not goos enough, so do sterling. Sane and Gabriel Jesus can be our WC wingers for the next 5+ years.

You writing off Sterling already?

I dont think we are writing him off already, but we need competition. He does not deserve to have a starting spot guaranteed. The kid is lacking in some areas, and is lacking in confidence. Hopefully Pep can improve him, but I'm certainly not counting on him.

In my opinion if sterling was not an Englishman he was not in our team, certainly not at the price we bought him. He has the potential, maybe pep will make him a better player, but for me he is not good enough to start. but if you add him to Sana, Jesus and Moreno we will have 4 very young talented players.I'm tired of the idea to make a CM players players to wingers- Milner, Silva, Nasri, Delph, fernendinho. No more!

In my opinion if sterling was not an Englishman he was not in our team, certainly not at the price we bought him. He has the potential, maybe pep will make him a better player, but for me he is not good enough to start. but if you add him to Sana, Jesus and Moreno we will have 4 very young talented players.I'm tired of the idea to make a CM players players to wingers- Milner, Silva, Nasri, Delph, fernendinho. No more!

Just like the previous poster said. He's just lacking in confidence. The opposing fans and media have crucified him and he's still in a young and vulnerable state. Nurturing is required. We've all seen glimpses of quality for us and a lot of in Liverpool. Just need proper guidance and coaching which am sure Pep will do. I completely understand your view though especially regarding CM players not putting them in the wings. I hate that too, we need genuine pace and glad that Pep is fixing that finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.